Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

And your new mod is....

• 15-04-2004 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Hanza!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

*chuckle* We didn't see that coming.
    All hail the peoples mod! ;)
    And remember folks bombidol and ecksor didn't screw the people...
    THE PEOPLE screwed the people. :)

Sorry, too tempting to resist.
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

to quote the movie my cousin vinnie - "Now theres a fucking surprise"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Congratulations Hanza, hope you enjoy your extra work;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

to quote me - "meh!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Democracy is dead - we vote for Nero and we get Hanza. You won't need to worry about any extra work - it's hardly a hot bed of topics any more. Last post on this forum - later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by Davey Devil
    Democracy is dead - we vote for Nero and we get Hanza. You won't need to worry about any extra work - it's hardly a hot bed of topics any more. Last post on this forum - later.

Where did anyone ever say boards was a democracy?

In fact it regularly reminds users it isn't a democracy.

Anyway, byyyeee, don't letthe door hit you on the way out.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Boards is not, never has been and never will be a democracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Originally posted by Davey Devil

besides the point that there is no democracy here the poll that was created was an unofficial poll not approved by moderators so even if there was democracy how could have that poll been valid?

Originally posted by syke
    Where did anyone ever say boards was a democracy?

In fact it regularly reminds users it isn't a democracy.

Anyway, byyyeee, don't letthe door hit you on the way out.

Heh, this is great folks, you drive the regular posters from your board while our one continues to grow... wonder if that's just co-incidence? :)

As a result of attitude like the above post, the main posters of the board have either stopped posting or barely post and the place has gone very quiet.

And all because we asked for a hand in dealing with the traffic on the forum.
    Anyone else see the stinging irony in all of this? :)

Nero

As I've said on a few occasions, good luck with those forums.

I'm curious as to why you're still posting here though? Your assumption that we care about the loss of traffic and your objections to our moderator choosing process seem to betray a misunderstanding of boards.ie

• Advertisement

Originally posted by ecksor
    As I've said on a few occasions, good luck with those forums.

Thank you.

I'm curious as to why you're still posting here though? Your assumption that we care about the loss of traffic and your objections to our moderator choosing process seem to betray a misunderstanding of boards.ie

I wasn't the one who said i'd never post again Jerry, I just gave up banging my head off the proverbial brick wall. I've nothing against Hanza personally and wish him the best of luck, however the fact remains is that he was pretty much the only one left that still wanted the job in the end, so it was pretty much a stalemate victory :)

Sorry, i'm just amused by irony, thats all.
    Nero

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    I wasn't the one who said i'd never post again Jerry, I just gave up banging my head off the proverbial brick wall.

I understand that. I'm just saying that I don't think your posts have the relevance here that you think they do. I didn't realise we were on first name terms though, mind if I call you Shaun?
    I've nothing against Hanza personally and wish him the best of luck, however the fact remains is that he was pretty much the only one left that still wanted the job in the end, so it was pretty much a stalemate victory :)

Even the word 'victory' displays that you felt the moderator position was the prize in some sort of contest.
    Sorry, i'm just amused by irony, thats all.

As am I.

I understand that. I'm just saying that I don't think your posts have the relevance here that you think they do. I didn't realise we were on first name terms though, mind if I call you Shaun?

You can call me Josephine if it rocks yer boat!

Even the word 'victory' displays that you felt the moderator position was the prize in some sort of contest.

If you see it that way, all i was doing was pointing out that this particular board went to hell because of the lax attitude of it's current moderator and the boards admin.

As am I.

So we can all sleep better at night and leave it at that. I'm happy with 1,400 posts as it is. :)

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

WOW!

This day has been amazing! Just over an hour ago I was kicking nackers out of my shop, and getting assaulted by their siblings, and then this... (By the way, what i said above is actually true!)

Look guys, this is mainly aimed at Nero, Simaras, whosurpaddy and a few others. I am still am upset how this all came about, and I feel its kinda tainted, not that I dont appreciate it, cos I do.

I do how ever wish it could have happened under better circumstances. Guys, please come back to this board and can we forget what happened. I know yall are probally saying that I can say all this now cos I won! I dont see it as winning. Whats the point of having a co-mod if its not as busy as it used to be? I really dunno what else I can say to convince you guys.

Just at least think about it.

Thanks again.

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

Granted!

If you look at that origional thread now, I tried my best to explain my actions, and a few people that I offended origionally accepted it. I apoligised, I ment it, but I just think everything got way outta hand and I really REALLY wish it hadnt.

And I would really like it if you guys could post here aswell as your board Simaras, cos as cliche as this sounds I miss yall not starting long unstopable threads that lead from last weeks smackdown, through dislike for HHH, and on to some computer game that has nothing to do with wrestling.

I got anoyed, but I dont wanna keep a rivalry between the two boards going. Lets just try and look past it and co exist! Whats the point holding on to a grudge?

Hanza

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Nice to know that boards posters have no say in what goes on here ecksor.
    Boards is gone to sh1t recently. My two favourite boards (soccer and pro wrestling) have been evacuated and shut down respectively for no good reason. The soccer boards looks like its gonna become members only or something and there is basically noone on this board except some spammer guy and hanza and marcomac or something.

Bill misses the good 'ol dayz.

Look Bill,

What happened happened. And believe me, I rather have it back the way it was! This happens, it happened before and got better. Happened again and got a hullava lot better. At one stage there was no posts for about a month, then it exploded again.

Bare with it....

Hanza

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

*signs the petition wishing everyone would come back here and post the way it was*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Congrats (Or comiserations:D ) to Hanza on his appointment. I'll continue to post on both boards and I hope all the disruption of the last few weeks is now behind us. If I want an argument I'll have one about Wrestling:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

congrats to Hanza, now that ur a co-mod I will expect an indepth analysis of every pay per view starting with Backlash this Sunday, i will monitor your progress during the pay per view and expect the full posting by 9am Monday morning:D neway I hope all the fightin thats been on here recently is finally over and everyone get back posting here on good terms again!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

wooooo a doooo doooo.... 500 posts!!!! I took my sweet time lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

this is quite strange and disturbing

shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Time this dog went to bed. Hanza was chosen from a list of regular posters that we considered for the job. Nero was originally the first choice as he was on the most often. but he nulled his chances by PMing members asking them to leave boards and join Simaras's new forum. I have no problem with ANYONE posting on any other forum, we all do it. But using underhanded tactics to draw posters, instead of a post on the forum is not acceptable. I have no ill will towards anyone involved, in reality this is an Internet forum, its not that important at all. Anyone who thinks so is mad.
    As for numbers, The other forum has about 28 Members, do you want to hazard a guess as to boards.ie members numbers?

"Well done to ecksor who continues to give us more and more business
    Cheers to Davey for kicking him in the nuts while he was at it

Nero" - From the other forum.

People are acting like children around here the last few weeks. You asked for a new mod to help out and you got one. Because you didnt get it in a week, war was declared. I am not here every moment of every day, i have a LOT of **** i do otherwise as some of you know. All kinds of crap is taking up my time including putting out a record. No one can be here constantly, and anything that needed doing gone done eventually. Now we have two mods, as well as ecksor who im sure will be sticking his head in the door every now and again. We are sorted, and ready to get back on track. Im sure there will be more posts from various punters giving out and pointing out flaws and problems, generally running their mouth. But its not needed, we are back in business and ready to rock. Lets get the old school board goin again.

Gar

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

I'm hoping that people eventually come back. Yeah the pro-wrestling forum had a bad few weeks but so has the soccer forum but you don't see the soccer people abandoning the cause. They're fighting to get their forum back and they will I'm sure.

I'm not saying people don't have the right to post on smiaras' forum but it would be a lot easier I'm sure to post here. I'm sure 99% of your 28 members met as a result of boards.ie, as a result they would generally all still come to this site so it would be easier to post here presumably.

Also just an idea, I don't know if this was discussed on smiaras's forum but does anyone else think its too sub divided? A diff section for every brand/ppv etc? Maybe its just me but I prefer the whole lot together, it saves going all over the place looking for stuff and makes inter-promotional talk kinda weird.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Bungalow Bill
    Nice to know that boards posters have no say in what goes on here ecksor.

Well, that's not exactly what I said.
    Boards is gone to sh1t recently. My two favourite boards (soccer and pro wrestling) have been evacuated and shut down respectively for no good reason. The soccer boards looks like its gonna become members only or something and there is basically noone on this board except some spammer guy and hanza and marcomac or something.

But surely you've only been here a couple of months?
    Bill misses the good 'ol dayz.

Who exactly were you in the good old days?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

tbh the lot of you should be hired by WWE to write the stories, this whole thing is very enjoyable I must say.

Flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Good luck, Hanza

Never read the forum, never post in the forum & only noticed this thread because it was on the front page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Who exactly were you in the good old days?

Poor Bill, he really should think about, perhaps even write down, and evaluate what he is going to post before he posts it.

Next thing you know you'll be admitting to throwing milkshakes at people....

why do people like flogen and skye have such an interest in posting here when they obviously dont have an interest in pro-wrestling? could they be flaim-baiting again? nah that couldnt be it, mods would never do that would they?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I actually have posted here before, not alot in truth, but I have on a number of ocassions.
    I was just pointing out the fact that this is, in the words of Peter Puppy "Better than Pro-Wrestling"

Flogen

apologies flogen i remember now that u did post a couple threads about wcw and stuff, so u have some interest, but my view remains on skye, his comment seems to serve no purpose other than trying to flame bill.

Sorry guys...
    But this is going no where and I want to forget about what happened so as of now (due to a couple of requests) this thread is closed.

Hanza

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement