Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deep Space Nine Season 7, Episode 16: Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

• 15-04-2004 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Dug out my season 7 of DS9 and lashed this on after it being mentioned in another thread. nothing like some good DS9 to restore you faith in the star trek franchise. some of the recent episodes of enterprise has been good most notably imo 3X14 stratagem but nothing like a rant from bashir on right's and wrong's

data

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ENT 308 Twilight is the best enterprise yet.

Yes this was by FAR one of the best DS9 episodes.
    One of those you can watch again and again. Id probbley watch it no if i had DS9 dvd.
    Section 31 episodes and Gereck episodes and Tain episodes and any episodes got to do with the obsidian order or Talshiar are very enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i preferred strategem to twilight mainly because it didn't have the reset button and that it was just a fantastically done episode

data

ye but i LOVE reset buttons.

Star TRek voyager year of hell parts 1 and 2.
    I have seen that over 100 times, im not lying, ive seen twilight 20 (roughly) times.

I LOVE temperal equations. They are so interesting.
    actaully YEar of hell is probbley the best voyager episode

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Getting back to the topic - Thats one of my Favourite episodes of DS9
    Sloan to Bashir: "Please doctor you spare me the we must do whats right speech and i'll spare you the ends justify the means speech" :)
    It summed up in an episode what this entire season of Enterprise is about so far and in far a better way IMHO. The complicity of the admiral was a great touch and rarely enough for Star Trek you find yourself both admiring and liking the "bad guy" Sloan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

solan was an absolute gem of a charactor. I have recently watched the last three series of DS9, and they did have some great charactors in that show.

• Advertisement

sloan was one of the best chars in DS9

They where all great

sloan
    gareck
    founder
    wayun
    damar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

How did I miss this post? :confused:

Best Romulan episode by far. Forget TNG this is what romulans are all about. Of course seasons 5 - 7 of DS9 are the best of any of the treks and arguably some of the best stuff on TV. (This season of angel gives it a run for it's money though last nights episode was heart wrenching. "Why can't I stay?" :()

We should comandeer a lecture theatre in UCD during the summer and screen some DS9. :D
    ye but i LOVE reset buttons.

I tried to convince myself that you were being sarcastic but I don't see it to be honest. You loved year of hell? Well would you not have loved it more had it been an *actual* year of hell as in a seasons worth? It was what was meant to be according to Jennifer Lien. When she left however and they brought in 7of9 they changed it to a season of exploring her humanity. Then the rest of the series turned into that. Voyager decended into it's **** (but sexy) cess pool of a narrative.

No i was being truthfull, i love reset buttons, i love TNG yesterdays enterprise have seen it over 30 times,.

Yes lets borrow a big tv and screan some ds9 for about 32 hours sgtraight (all the dominion war episodes 1 after another.

Wait wait wait.

That was NOT a reset button ep. That led to Sela, a prominent character in the Romulan arcs in TNG. Reset buttons are like.... 'The Killing Game' in Voyager, they blow up sickbay with dynamite and the ship is gutted but next episode they don't even pretend to have been affected by it. That said, the holo-technology that they gave the Hirogen pops up again but the reset-button effect is still used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

What? The Killing Game wasn't a "reset button" episode...

• Advertisement

Yesterdays button was a reset button.
    Killing game wasent.
    Year of hell was a reset button.
    Oh i was going to list all the reset episodes but in too tired :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

:dunno: Whats all this "Reset" button malarchy?

"Reset Button" doesn't refer to temporal episodes.

It's when an episode has little or no effect on episodes to come. Yesterdays Enterprise was not a reset button. Yars going into the past allowed her to be captured by the romulans, fall in love with a romulan and give birth to Sela. Sela was in future episodes.

The Killing Game was as very severe events that should have been longer lasting were fixed by the next episode and not referred to again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Everyone clearly has different ideas as to what it means. Kevok, would you not just call those "stand alone" episodes? Anyway there was anohter ep of voyager when the Hirogen had built a huge holodeck with the technology that voyager gave them in "The Killing Game" ep.

Reset button should mean when at the end of an ep everything that has happened gets erased and not one has any memory of it. As in... everything is reset, no?

Ro is correct.

Stargate Sg1 episode "2010" bassed in 2010 (shock) everything that happened was eareased from there memories but an ote was sent to the past altering the timeline and it ment that in a future episode the events happened differently.

Thats a reset button just like yesterdays enterprise.

last mondays episode of ENT with flox on the ship would u call that a reset? i wouldent i think ro mannn is right that would be a standalone epsiode.

Advertisement