Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wait?

• 15-04-2004 4:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Currently with UTVip and switching to IOLBB+ with Advantage Plus Telephoney.

I've emailed UTVip (about an hour ago) to cancel the service I currently have with them. It says on the site that the cancellation should take a month.

My question is, how long should I wait to give IOL a call and order the BB? Should I do it now, leave it a couple of weeks so the cancellation/installation take place at the same time? Or when?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

Not absolutely sure, but I'd be inclined to order straight away. It's then up to Esat to transfer the telephony to them, which I think would be the only thing delaying the line activation. It certainly didn't take a month for UTV to take the telephony from Eircom.
    As long as you pay UTV for the final month I can't see how they can hold you up for a month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I'll wait and see what UTV say when they reply....if they reply...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

*bump*

got an email the next day from UTV saying the account has been flagged for deletion. ordered BB today.

what a crap weekend I've had. apparently, once you're flagged for cancelation, your pings rocket, your connection becomes laboured and you have a hard time connecting and staying connected.

either that, or UTVipXL is having problems that just happened to coincide with me canceling my account :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Suosan

As a matter of interest why have you decided to switch ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

I cancelled my UTV IP XL at the same time as ordering my Digiweb BB . Cancelled UTV account about about 10 days ago and never had any problems with speed or anything when they sent notification that my account would be cancelled. Swapped to the BB connection yesterday but was using XL right up to that point and not a bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Originally posted by RobertFoster
    apparently, once you're flagged for cancelation, your pings rocket, your connection becomes laboured and you have a hard time connecting and staying connected.

Really? That's pretty awful .. Why do you say "apparently"? Do you know of others?

.cg

Advertisement