Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router with built-in Modem

• 15-04-2004 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

My mate has IOLBB + and is currently sharing his connection with another computer using ICS.

He wants to get a router so he can share the connection with the other computer and a PS2. He's looking for one with the dsl modem built in, so he can just leave the modem on and not his PC.

I read through the sticky at the top but most of the model links are old for elara. Does anyone recommend a router from sites like amazon.co.uk, komplett.ie or elara.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Sorry i didn't see the link for the router on the last page.

Bizmark, could you bin this please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by clownboy
    My mate has IOLBB + and is currently sharing his connection with another computer using ICS.

He wants to get a router so he can share the connection with the other computer and a PS2.
    How long has he had IOL BB? They've been providing a modem/router with an ethernet port for the last 4 or 5 months, so it's not necessary to replace that box, you can get away with just using a hub or switch.

(That's not to say that replacing it isn't a good idea, just that it might not be necessary).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

He got it before they brought out that. He got the ZyXEL prestuge 630 USB modem like me. Does the job for me but not him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Subc

look for the netgear modem/router
    heard it was good, and netgear always made good routers, hubs, switches etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,882 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I got this one recently - added a few of these , and all works great! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement