Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sending dog to canada

Options
  • 15-04-2004 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I need to find a company that will ship my dog from Dublin to Toronto, Canada and not charge me a small fortune. I've gotten a couple of quotes so far varying from 390-580 euros. Anyone have any recommendations? AFAIK quarantine isn't an issue and all I need is a certificate from a government vet saying the dog is from Ireland and Ireland is rabies-free. Sound right?
    Any advice appreciated,
    Cian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

As far as I know, to avoid quarantine the dog must be fully inoculated, wormed, microchipped, and have a health cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yeah my bro did this a few years ago.
    You don't need a quarentene from Ireland to Canada, since Ireland is considered rabies-free... but if you ever want to bring the dogs back to Ireland there's a few months of quarentene, which can be a real pain in the arse.
    Going on what I've seen, I can't see it being cheap at all. :dunno:

Advertisement