Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Eircom Bb For 1st Time- Help?

• 15-04-2004 5:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭

A friend of min, who is a non techie, is setting up eircom bb for 1st time and they live a few miles from me but I dont have eircom BB anyway so a bit lost. They have the line enabled as they rang eircom today and I believe they are using a USB link.

They have a brand new PC so my assumption is if they load CD and just click as and when they whole thing should configure itself and an ICON should appear on desktop.

Is it that simple or am I missing something? At the moment they can't get a log on prompt!!

Any help greatly appreciated.

gb---

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Eircoms support page should have a lot of the information you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭tea

Originally posted by GBCULLEN

Is it that simple or am I missing something? At the moment they can't get a log on prompt!!

The Eircom supplied modems are routers, so there's no log on prompt - it should just work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

thnaks both and tea for that useful point, that would have thrown me.

gb---

Advertisement