Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case Mod's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Prosta

Only recently saw on Boards that my QTec psu is a piece of junk.
    This is after changing to stealth fans and sleeving the wires :(

Want this:-
    http://www.pc-look.com/boutik/Prod_LC-Power_Power_Supply_LC6420_BLACK_12_cm_FAN_TR_19_dBA_420W__1436_en.html?language=en

Anyone know what LC-Power are like?

This looks like a good site but the light+waterblock+psu I want are never in stock at the same time. The €15 shipping is too much to order separately. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

looks like a decent psu alrite, cept ur right bout paying delivery just for one item, its free to france tho, so maybe if i moved over there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

A friend of mine has that PSU (the link above) and its good. Well... it works, its quiet (120mm fan :) ) , it looks nice, its got enough watts and its not too dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

is this any good lads from the midlands look below

• Advertisement

wrong one sorry dont know how to edit this new boards style is not as good as the old one ....anyhow heres the one i meant to post

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/dubdvd-10429.JPG

Thats pretty good! I only get like 4000 but im still happy enough (for another another 2 months)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Some nice mods there lads. I'm especially loving combats water one.

The pic of mine on mid-lans sucks. You have to see it from the side but anyway the main mod isn't coming for another few weeks.

I've been wanting to put a window on top with a nice 120mm fan since I got it but I don't have a tool to do it. If I had a dremmel i'd have this done ages ago and a very tidy wiring job putting most of the wires behind the mobo plate.

The right hand side of the case is getting something. Possibly a spray job.

Inside all cables will be replaced with UV ones or wrapped in UV, only some are atm.

All the fans will be replaced with clear lighted ones.

I'll post better pics tonight on what it's like now before the main mod.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I nearly made it to 1500 in 3dmark :D
    We'll see by how much it improves when i get a 9800pro and a more overclockable chip, this one stock.

Jozi

Ps Some nice case here, when mine changes you'll be seeing the pics here

jozi wrote:
    I nearly made it to 1500 in 3dmark :D
    We'll see by how much it improves when i get a 9800pro and a more overclockable chip, this one stock.

Hmm, i'd know a place where to get a 9800pro cheap, its the first prize of the competition on our september LAN :D

BloodBath wrote:
    The pic of mine on mid-lans sucks. You have to see it from the side but anyway the main mod isn't coming for another few weeks.

I've mentioned it plenty of times before, if u want to get ur pic renewed on the Midlans web site, just email me a new one and i'll replace it straight away. Please not too big, a good 800x600 pic will do fine. I'll do the formattin.

Your going at some serious modding there, i can't wait to see it. Should look great!
    So do u think u have a chance in da modding contest at the LAN? We're all modding like mad ;)
    Are u gonna reserve a place at the LAN? I've got a good few already after a few days :)
    I hope yer LAN today will be a success!! pm me tomorro what it was like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

BloodBath wrote:
    Some nice mods there lads. I'm especially loving combats water one.

BloodBath

:o
    TY mate,i have another ''huge'' mod in the works,it will be done in 2 weeks...in time for GameCon4 lan, so i'll slap it up here as soon as it's done. :eek:

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Anyone know what LC-Power are like?

This looks like a good site but the light+waterblock+psu I want are never in stock at the same time. The €15 shipping is too much to order separately.

You really should be looking at Fortron PSU's for that price range. I keep on saying this, ignore the power rating its the brand name that counts. A fortron 350w will definetly output more wattage than that one you have linked to , it will prob have better voltage rails, and will more than lightly be quieter......... for the same money.

It would be very silly to not learn any lessons after already getting a Q-Tec or No-Name and to go for one that isint much better.

BTW Fortron 300w PSU's generally output 380w +
    350w versions ~420w +
    400w ~450w + ........ depending on the version.

A 450w Q-Tec would generally produce roughly ~ 320w that shows generally how little ratings mean and how much brand name actually does.

Have a look at the Tagans, Fortrons, Be-quiets (the little extra you pay the quieter it will be, but all PSU's will be good).

Your always taking chances with really cheap PSU's, why bother for a few extra euro's......... and it will save your ears.

PS Jebuz , mighty bright computer there..... pretty.

whats this exactly: Western Digital 2.5GB External USB2 ?

aha.. but if they're 3.5" drives they would be big enough to bring with you all the time, for large amounts of data i use the laptop at least that way u can have 35gigs+. well if u don't have a laptop, i'd get an 2.5" HD (below 6gig cheap enough) and a slimcase with USB2.

Col_Loki wrote:
    You really should be looking at Fortron PSU's for that price range. I keep on saying this, ignore the power rating its the brand name that counts. A fortron 350w will definetly output more wattage than that one you have linked to , it will prob have better voltage rails, and will more than lightly be quieter......... for the same money..

Fortron ordered - thanks for the advise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Meh latest mod,the specs are in my sig,i'll update with a ''ub3r setup'' pic later

DSC00698.jpg

:eek:
    CC

HUBBA HUBBA (pic & specs)

Thats neat/tidy. Is there a spagetti of wires behind the drive stack

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Id say there is, looks like the second rac could be mounted there r else its at the top by the Psu. Sweet case..

Wow CombatCow now thats a real nice tweak! By the way how many pcs have u got? u must have modded about 15 to 20...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

• Advertisement

Thats awesome.

but it would be kewler with a few fingers coming out of the sand like han solo in carbonite (no pleasing some people)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Ah well I have a plastic prop hand lying around somewhere at home so you never know...

fancy watching some tv on your pc ??????

http://tinypic.com/9zy1j

http://tinypic.com/9zy4h

That's crazy dub. It's looking great now but it's hard for a coolermaster not to look great. Not to mention it's a beast of a machine.

Here's some recent pics of mine in the dark. I haven't done much to it yet. She's getting a major mod as soon as I get my hands on a dremmel.

pic 1

pic 2

They seem to have lost detail in the upload but anywho.

BloodBath

Thats nice.

Tip: when u cut sleeving hold the freyed end over a flame for a few secs.
    It stops it unraveling.

Needs a bit o heatshrink to finish it off.

Tip #2: dont by the dremmel type thing in Atlantic for €15 like what I did. IT SUCKS. No power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

screw it, mines in the tweaking and modding section but ill put it properly in ere since im quite proud of her :D

BloodBath wrote:
    That's crazy dub. It's looking great now but it's hard for a coolermaster not to look great. Not to mention it's a beast of a machine.

Here's some recent pics of mine in the dark. I haven't done much to it yet. She's getting a major mod as soon as I get my hands on a dremmel.

pic 1

pic 2

They seem to have lost detail in the upload but anywho.

BloodBath

VERY NICE bloodbath you got yourself one hot looking pc whats that cooler you have on the GPU... i can only see the back plate of it ??????
    if a big improvement on your frist pics posted months ago its lookin classy now ;) keep it up

Tip: when u cut sleeving hold the freyed end over a flame for a few secs.
    It stops it unraveling..

Nice one, i'll fix that up soon enough.
    Tip #2: dont by the dremmel type thing in Atlantic for €15 like what I did. IT SUCKS. No power

No i'm gonna get a good multi speed one that costs around €50.
    screw it, mines in the tweaking and modding section but ill put it properly in ere since im quite proud of her

Nice system venom. She's looking pretty sweet now.
    VERY NICE bloodbath you got yourself one hot looking pc whats that cooler you have on the GPU... i can only see the back plate of it ??????

Cheers Dub. It's the stock 9800xt cooler. I was going to buy the ati cooler to overclock it a bit more but I don't even run it overclocked and I'm getting an x800pro vivi soon anyway. The HIS model looks good to me.

I'm getting rid of any unused wires behind the mobo tray when I get the dremmel to hack it up. The rest of the wires will be tidied up and made uv reactive. All the case fans are being replaced with clear ones with a blue fan and i'm sticking a window on top of the case.

BloodBath

i used to have one of those HIS cards it was a 9800 pro and i have to say it was alot better than most of the other retailer out there good for overclocking and nice and quiet .and from what ive read about there x800 range there meant to be the same if not better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

saw this case on another forum and thought it was worth a mention here

Casemodding_mikrowelle.JPG

Advertisement