Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case Mod's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

what cooler is that on the cpu???

MilesB wrote:
    my pc sux not moded tho

ah its a dell, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Prosta

MilesB wrote:
    my pc sux not moded tho

Your photo sux too. What were you doing, falling over when you took it?

I know this is for computer geeks and not photography nerds but the standard of photos on this gallery is often crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Blackie

Yes my photo does suck, as u said i aint a photographer bt i was still working on that pc , next time i'll fall in a different direction which might please you, i use a thermaltake silent tower, it works nicely as i was having over heating problem previously with the water cooling system, leaking and faulty pump so i got rid of it, i am not a true computer geek though the only thing slightly gomputer geekish about me is that i use Suse Linux pro instead of window cause quite simply you have a full operating system which with Crossover office can install microsoft software, and have no probs with spyware, viruses etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

not finished yet but will be soon ....lots still to be done with it...lots of the led fans are'nt there yet ..and i have a couple of surprise's in store ..by wednesday it will be sli ....only one waterset up in it so far there will be three when im finished the next one to go in is the coolermaster aquagate that will only be used for the SLI cards ...the another for the memory and chipset..

4tpl7d

• Advertisement

kickass rig dude, as always

Ebonyks wrote:
    Got the new X-Connects PSU recently and never thought it would look so loverly. Need more UV!! still a bit dark imo. Want to put something in the front bays and a few other little things, but i just don't have the time/moolah atm. Here's a few pics anyway

AntecP90a.jpg

Anyone know where I can get a window for an Antec P160 (like Ebonyks)?
    Elara used to do them but are out of stock with no resupply date.
    PC-Look want €50 inc shipping which is a bit much.

itdirect.ie will be able to get you one i'd say they could order it in or they could have one in stock they do a lot of antec stuff

expect to pay a load for it there. And the staff arent very knowledgable or helpful there

dubdvd wrote:
    itdirect.ie will be able to get you one i'd say they could order it in or they could have one in stock they do a lot of antec stuff

Cheers Dubdvd. I think I was on their site but was put off that I had to actually call them up and talk to a real person. Ordered. €31 is about average

Your case looks deadly but the main reason I went watercooled was that all the fans were driving me mad. Wont that make a racket once you have filled all the holes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Had a look at www.xcase.co.uk and they have em in stock. Going for £17.86 (+ £5 shipping), which comes out to approx €33.65. Don't know where to get cheaper at the moment. But as side panel windows go, this is very well made.

4tuekl

there will be all papst fans in the case when im finished with it and with all the fans on low at the moment its not that niosey ...the loudest thing beleive it or not is the small chipset fan on the mobo ...as you can see have the fans are'nt on ..im moving the psu from the back chamber and puting it into the mobo chamber and placing the aquagate in where the psu is now ,which still leaves me tons of room to play around with..when its all finished the 19" tft will be resting on top of the case at an angle ..and there will be a 5" tft in the drive bay plus im going to mod my own fan controller with a noob for the treble rad one for the three 80mm rear harddrive fans one for the top two..and one for the right front and rear 120mm fans ...the great thing is that it all comes apart the drive bays, mobo trays and so on..
    and you can place any of the panels on any side you want as they are all the same size ...so i could be putting the top panel on the mobo side so ill have two extra fans over the mobo area ..either for intake or outtake..

p.s.And dont forget this is the rig that will be SLI active by midweek and will hopefully have me back on top the 3dmark05 rankings ...

SPECS:
    MOUNTAINMOD U2-UFO CASE
    DFI NF4 SLI UT D .MOBO
    AMD FX 55 CPU
    CORSAIR XMS PC 4000 RAM
    2 X BFG 6800GT'S OC IN SLI
    EMERMAX 600 WATT PSU
    AUDIGY ZS 2
    2 X SAMSUNG 160 GB IN RAID 0
    200 GB SEAGATE HD FOR STORAGE
    A HP LIGHTSCRIBE 16X DISC IMAGE BURNER
    AND A TDK 8X DVD-R
    ALSO A AEROGATE FAN CONTROLLER
    BUILT-IN 5 " LCD TV IN DRIVE BAY
    ALL FANS WILL BE PAPST ULTRA SILENT
    AND A CLAP ON CLAP OFF CONTROLLER
    AND ALL UV PSU SLEEVING AND MOLEXS
    AND A ETCHING'S ON ALL THE SIDEPANEL WINDOWS
    AND POWER RELAY MOD ON PSU FOR WATERCOOLERS
    AND ALL NEW FAN GRILLS WHICH WILL BE HERE THIS WEEK

WATER COOLING
    UV INVISABLE DYE
    AND A SWIFTECH CPU WATERBLOCK
    ALL FOR ONLY THE CPU
    AND USING EITHER THE NEW INNOVECK SLI
    WATER BLOCK OR DANGERDEN SLI BLOCKS
    WITH HALF INCH TUBING
    THE MEMORY WATERBLOCKS WILL BE HOME-MADE
    AND TO COOL THE CHIPSET WATERBLOCK ..
    AND TRUST ME THERE WILL LOTS OF OTHER THINGS GOING IN THERE ASWELL
    SEEMS I NOT STUCK FOR SPACE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Looks great so far! Can't wait to see the monster when it's finished

As above, I swapped my Super Lanboy for a P160. Part of the deal was I would change the artwork on the right side of the case (see below) for this http://www.geocities.com/tmichellesteve/nuada2.jpg

dscf00118ck.jpg

Rather then wipe it, would anyone like to swap a blank right side of a super lanboy for it? If so PM me. All I ask is that yours is clean/not scratched. In the Navan -> Blanch area.

That is a gorgeous stencil Prosta! Where did you get it?

WizZard wrote:
    That is a gorgeous stencil Prosta! Where did you get it?

See post #7 on page 1 of this

jim fizpatrick has some really cool pictures thats class the one you picked , He has so many good one's ...i was a big fan of his work a long time back ...and if your copy this peice for yourself it will take you some-time to do ..i use to freehand copy his stuff and it was hard ...but a great chioce ...keep it irish

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

My latest project is drawing to an end, just got my glass back from the cutters today. Just waiting for some lights n fans n stuff in the post to put the final touch's to it. If u think Dubs pc is big, wait till u see this ;-)

4u9da1

This is nice art work for ya

Little snippet of my latest project....

• Advertisement

unklerosco wrote:
    Little snippet of my latest project....
    Someone's going to love you very much! ;)

Looks cool, and a very nice idea!

When its fin it'll be better, waiting for some red cathodes n led fans to fin it off. gotta go to BnQ n get some more wood...

looking sweet rossco ...very sweet...it will be nice to see some other photo ...but i gotta hand it to you ....you must have some way with the women..very smooth finish...very smooth...

How did you get the frosted effect? Is it out of a spray can and if so where did you get it?

Must be a bitch getting that to Lan parties. :D

Want to know how to post pics rather then links in your post?
    While looking at Ebonyks post I saw his pics were hosted on Imageshack.us
    There are loads of free photoblogging sites, just pick 1.
    Upload your photo there.
    Use the insert image button and lash in the link to your pic on the other site.

itdirect.ie said my window would be in the next day, its in the warehouse blah blah, deffo in the next day. Now say it should be in Friday. Maybe I shoulda listened to Gline

Its sandblasted, got it done in a glass cutters...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Impressive. most impressive.

Nukem

Nearly done, components installed(sort of) and just the finishing details left to do on the unit itself. Worked out quite well :-)

Note: The UV will be change to red as soon as it arrives

Specs:
    3.2 p4
    Gigabyte 875p s478 mobo, Zalman NB HS, xp90c HSF
    2gig pc 3200 ram
    Passively cooled 9200se
    Nec 8x dvdrw
    2 segate 160gb sata
    1 maxtor 80gb ide
    Antec 380w psu
    Dual Dell 17"tft
    Microsoft wireless keyb/mouse
    Custom deskase

Cost me about €6-700 all in, its goin to the GF to replace her old dell. Primary use is for video editing..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Very nice. Saves space and looks cool.Any problem with heat....etc....
    Class idea.

Nukem

Not to sure yet, have 2 red led 80mm fans on the way. The back of the drawer is open so there's plenty of air circulation. Have to do something about the HD's tho as there's bugger all space between them for heat to escape.

Should have it all fin by early next week so will post some better pics then...

Next on the agenda is to mod my Sonata..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

unklerosco wrote:
    Next on the agenda is to mod my Sonata..

That im very interested in my self. As i have a sonata as well.
    Put a switch in one ot the bays to turn of the bright blue leds, they where anoying me when watching dvd's.

Great job on the desk/pc build

Advertisement