Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case Mod's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Plan is to put a window in it and two 120mm rads for a wc setup

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Prosta

Thats nice Unk.
    I put a switch on my desk like that to kill power cause my watercooling pump didnt shut down when the PC was off (till I got a 12v pump) but I knocked it off accidently many times. Beware

Heres an easy mod that looks good.

An illuminated vandal proof switch from maplins and a 4 wire cable that came with my sound card.

Solder/twist the 4 wires to the button. It should be marked with + and -
    Plug it into the mobo. Done. No resistors or anything else required.

button9aq.jpg

button28wg.jpg

Heres my P160. Eventually got my window from IT Direct. "Yea we'll call you when it comes in" Lieing BASTARDS!!! Kept me waiting 2 weeks

p160s8tp.jpg

p160f9vh.jpg

Home made carry strap. Got it in the garden center in Atlantic €13

There are 2 clear plastic strips under the cd drive front panels. Will get a couple of blue LEDs for them.

Not crazy about the yellow sleeving on the PSU. Will change to either green or blue though UV blue is not that common.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Where do you guys get your cables and neons etc? Only pace ive seen is peats. And it doesnt look the best quality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I really like your mod pity you cant see the box but maybe thats better in some ways. Its nice and and well taught out only thing that would concern me is the heat factor. And I like the vandal proof power switch I might just get me one :P

oh that switch wasnt your idea :()

Hal1 wrote:
    I really like your mod pity you cant see the box but maybe thats better in some ways. Its nice and and well taught out only thing that would concern me is the heat factor. And I like the vandal proof power switch I might just get me one :P

oh that switch wasnt your idea :()

Buy all my mods on the internet. Even with shipping its cheaper.

That vandal switch was for my nephews PC. I ment to put it on mine but never got around to it. I cant put it on the p160.

Heat? See the 25 on the display? Thats CPU temp. The case runs at 23C.

P4 2.4 running at 3ghz. The green tubing is watercooled CPU, Vid and Northbridge. 120mm stealth fans front and back handle the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

where did loads of the posts go? did a mod delete them?

Changed to green sleeving and stuck some blue leds on the drive bays

p160342yd.jpg

p160side2fp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭CSSource God

Hey guys just showing you my Thermaltake Tsunami case with neon 120mm fan and additional cathode tubes. Sorry didnt work how do i upload d images coz they're 1600 by 1200 wont upload??

• Advertisement

Here

Hey guys just showing you my Thermaltake Tsunami case with neon 120mm fan and additional cathode tubes. Sorry didnt work how do i upload d images coz they're 1600 by 1200 wont upload??

Nice!
    How is that 120mm fan?
    Is it quiet?
    Where did you get it? Not seen any locally

Prosta you are looking at the fan on the side of the case(80mm). See the clear fan at the back with lights, that is a 120mm fan. Its monstrous, very powerful but im afraid is not that silent. Have it connected to mobo but cannot throttle speed down. Case has 2 by 120mm fans one at the front and one at the back. Beware can make the room very cold and may suck in small children and pets LOL :D

Believe me that case is huge, dwarfes any ive put beside it, remember that is a large Samsung monitor beside so the scale of it is not that clear. :)

Prosta you are looking at the fan on the side of the case(80mm). See the clear fan at the back with lights, that is a 120mm fan. Its monstrous, very powerful but im afraid is not that silent. Have it connected to mobo but cannot throttle speed down. Case has 2 by 120mm fans one at the front and one at the back. Beware can make the room very cold and may suck in small children and pets LOL :D

Ya the clear 120mm fan at the back with the LEDs - did it come with the case? If not then where?

Get yourself a fan controller (like mine) They are the biz. They only dim the leds a little on the lowest setting.

And if were compairing sizes mine (P160 above) is taller and longer but not as wide. We all know its girth thats important (snigger) ;)

Yep that comes with the case, then there is another(120mm) one in the front-comes with case also. Case is not quiet but runs extremely cool. my Athlon
    3500 is running at 3800 using Abit UGURU with very little difference in temp only about 42c.

TimAy wrote:
    Where do you guys get your cables and neons etc? Only pace ive seen is peats. And it doesnt look the best quality

Just ordered some stuff from http://www.voyeurmods.com/

Getting a 120mm led fan (SilentX), some UV sleeving, a 20 to 24pin ATX connector, 2 UV cathodes (only $4.50) and a mouse. Shipping was $20 airmail.

They send loads of email on order progress. I got a 12v pump from them before and had no problems.

They also take Paypal - avoids all that CC verification stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I can definitely recommend VoyeurMods too. But careful - I got caught last week for import duty. SDS turned up and demanded €60 from me :(

Ultimate air cooled case mod?

http://www.peteredge.orcon.net.nz/casepics.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Has anyone ever ordered off www.frozencpu.com?

What are they (or USPS) like for delivery charges/duty?
    Do they mark the value on the parcel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

yeah i got some stuff from them before before, the shipping speeds are really good 4-5 working days.I paid a $25 shipping charge for a window side panal for the coolermaster stacker case and on another €200 order i paid $65 :confused: not the best....but they do have some cool stuff thats hard to find in europe.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Aye, the CM Stacker side panels are what I'm after, getting 2, plus some other bits and bobs.

/me nods in PPC's direction

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

syxpak: I ordered from them (frozencpu)when I was in the states. I paid about $12 for shipping. USPS are *huge* over there, and are great(IMO). They took 2 days to deliver my parcel.
    Now, obviously them shipping to ireland will be more expensive, longer and so on. ;)

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    syxpak: I ordered from them (frozencpu)when I was in the states. I paid about $12 for shipping. USPS are *huge* over there, and are great(IMO). They took 2 days to deliver my parcel.
    Now, obviously them shipping to ireland will be more expensive, longer and so on. ;)
    They are the American National postal service, similar to An Post - but these guys get things done!
    Go for the USPS Global Express Mail which gives a tracking number and is here within 3-5 days (usually 3). But parcels are handled here by SDS, who will charge Duty, Tax etc + a fee by them, COD.
    Remember tax etc is charged on the cost of the goods (shown on box) + the cost of the shipping. eg $200 goods + $35 shipping = $235 on which tax is charged.
    Just something to keep in mind when ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

I just bought 2 chipset block from them, they only sent it out a week after I paid by credit card but since I didnt see the same blocks anywhere else I guess it wasn't too bad, price is ok.

Sweet setup Striker. Not sure about he car :D

Re: USPS - I sent some sunglasses to the US to be repaired. 14 months later they arrived. Just got a call from them last Friday :eek: Id blame An Post but their tracking went as far as leaving the country only, which is a fuppin useless service.

Finished that Jim Fitzpatrick pic I was doing on the right side panel. (post #168)
    Only took a day & 1/2 once I got going.

nuada0in.jpg

Class, well done Prosta. Class pic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

:eek: *drules* :eek: that is sooo hot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

wow. Should be in art and photo. Thats savage. Better than any window

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

Prosta wrote:
    Sweet setup Striker. Not sure about he car :D