Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveupdate problem (Mods, tread can be closed prob solved)

Options
  • 15-04-2004 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Have norton internet security 2004 and Liveupdate has stoped working for me.
    Not 100% sure what the error is but i'll try my best.
    Had something to do with an internal error? Try again later and reinstalling the software may work, tried that and it didn't.
    i'm wondering has it to do with me or them now!
    Is there anyone else having this problem?

thanks,
    jozi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I have systemworks 2004 corporate edition and liveupdate refused to update my antivirus definitions since I installed it.
    kept telling me that they downloaded fine but wouldn't install.

for some reason unbeknownst to me, today it was all working grand :dunno:

cant you still manually download updates or is that just virus definitions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Never tried the manual update, or is that when i tell liveupdate to check? Always tell it to check dont like the automatic update or i couldn't be bothered with it.

Anyway, symantecs help system obviously works i entered the error code and it was easy enough to fix the problem.

So all is working again and if a mod could close this tread i wouldn't mind

jozi

@Kaimera, on my brothers pc liveupdate refuses to update at times haven't experienced any probs with it untill now

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

These help items might be of some use and then again they may not.

My liveupdate stopped working for a few months, didn't work again until I surgically removed everything symanteccy from the registry and reinstalled. Damned annoying.

(edit)Problem solved, ignore me so (everyone does anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

manual update is literally going to the website and looking to see if there is updates for your software.

I've been doing that for the past 2 months till today.

btw sceptre, there is apparently a nifty lil liveupdate thingy on the ul network if your own liveupdate doesn't work.

Advertisement