Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a Hotel in Paris (please)

• 15-04-2004 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Me and about 7 others are going to Paris for the France-v-Ireland match and were looking for a hotel for 8-10th of October. We have flights booked (€260 return each) and we just have to try our best to get tickets for the match from the fai. I really don't care what hotel as long as its cheap and not too far from O'Sullivan's Irish Bar (1 bd Montmartre 75002 Paris). I typed in the address of the pub parishotels.com and i got the following results:
    http://www.parishotels.com/index.php?type=location&lang=en&addressTxt=1%20bd%20Montmartre&cityTxt=Paris&errorFlag=2.

Any recommendations?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Go here Search under France / Paris.

Hotel rue Commines - I stayed there about 2 weeks ago very cheap. Very central for the price also. It's quite old - especially the decor but it's clean. Absolutely no facilities - kitchen, restaurant, t.v. etc but who cares - you won't be sitting in your room.

Did a search for you - for 3 nights (8th, 9th and 10th) and 8 people will cost a total of 405euro, plus it's currently available. That's a little over 15e per person per night. That's to book 3x3 bed rooms with shared facilities. It's not the biggest place in the world so I'd book early enough if ye all want to get in there...

[edit] You are looking for montmarte boulevard (spelling? & syntax?) and the postcode is a central paris(north of the Seine) one. Montmarte itself is 2 r 3 km to the north of Paris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by p.pete
    Did a search for you - for 3 nights (8th, 9th and 10th)
    Shít, I've been enquiring at hotels from 8th-10th, 3 nights when it should be 2 (8th, 9th). Cheers P.Pete. Hotel Commines looks fine, Is it near the city centre? I just want to be beside an Irish pub so we don't have to travel as much.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

It's at the edge of Central Paris on the East side, I'll try find exactly the street that your pub is on later but I'd reckon it would be less than a 20 minute walk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I stayed at a hotel called the Regina I think it was on europa street or else it was called europa and on regina street but anyway it was clean and compact and not too expensive close to Kitty O Sheas and O Sullivans

Advertisement