Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV in (relative) bargain Fox animation shocker

• 15-04-2004 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭

Bargains are relative I suppose.

Same items that are available cheap from Play.com (Family Guy, Simpsons, Futurama) but more expensive. May suit people without a credit card though. They're at least a damn sight cheaper than they were.

Family Guy seasons €20 each

Simpsons €30

Futurama €30.

Given that most of the country obviously doesn't realise that HMV's prices are, er, creative at best most of the time, expect them to sell out soon.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Thanks for the heads up :)
    I've been wanting to get Family Guy for a while now but I keep putting it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

I dont believe it.
    Stupid (stuppppid stupid stupid) as I am. I bought futurama season 1 for 70 (!!) yoyos in there 3 weeks ago. Needed it urgently at the time, but for fcks sake..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If three weeks ago is really two and a half weeks ago, don't forget about their 21-day exchange policy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Golden Discs have them all for €2 less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Futurama season 1, for ..........................70!!!! are you serious? Thats outrageous

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Excellent,

Picked up all the simpsons seasons today. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

They've been GBP16.99 on play.com for about a month now, so it's not like HMV are knocking the prices down under their own steam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Axel
    Excellent,

Picked up all the simpsons seasons today. :)
    All....of them? :eek:

How much did that set you back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

90 minus 10% (student discount :) ) so 81.

They only had three. Just looking on CDWOW theres a fourth season........... Hmmm interesting.

Edit: Oh right its not out till june:o

Advertisement