Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introductions - Say Hello Here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

out of curiosity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

They are just threads that won't move down the page, like the Charter or a links page for a forum, etc. Hence their stickyness. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

thought to be o importance to the legend that is,boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 15 singlehoh

Hi to everyone :D

I found out this while I was searching for other things but cool to meet you :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭the demon

hi all, new here, great site, lots goin on, chat soon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 watsdcraic

:p I also found this site while looking for some thing else, but it's great! good to meet you all I look forward to the craic, gossip, and chat. x

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Welcome along, have a good time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 claireo86

Hi there everybody!

Hello, welcome. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Rebel Racer Dan

Hi folks im dan from cork

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LilKitty

Been looking for a good discussion site where things don't get too bitchy and there's lots of new posts each day. Hope I've found it!:)

Any other Aussies here, rare to find them on these sites these days?

Welcome. :) There are a couple alright, check out the Abroad forum (under the Region->Abroad menu), should be a few threads on there for you to look into.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jonesy3110

I actually signed up a while ago but neglected to introduce myself :P Im Jonesy 19 female you'll see a lot of me in the movies and comics forums :D

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

hello im a newbe ,

We all were at one stage, have fun.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Hey there, im shane from westmeath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 kyle 327

was up people:D

Hello there new people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Ok a bit late in posting this (Jan 2005 :o ) but hello to all boardsies!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Prof_V

My introduction to online forums was through Usenet in 1994, but I haven't posted there in five years. I'll probably be posting only moderately here - I've lurked in Commuting/Transport for a while, so that's most likely where I'll start.

Prof_V wrote:
    My introduction to online forums was through Usenet in 1994, but I haven't posted there in five years. I'll probably be posting only moderately here - I've lurked in Commuting/Transport for a while, so that's most likely where I'll start.

Usenet! I'm too young to have used it but from what I've heard it was all about plain text and looked a bit like DOS(well I suppose since it was being used in the 80s being were actually using it in that) but of course with general more text. What I'm saying is, I'm glad we have forums like this today, nice interfaces and GRAPHICS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Tannylan

Just a quick Hello I am Tommy from the Liberties, Dublin.8

Tannylan wrote:
    Just a quick Hello I am Tommy from the Liberties, Dublin.8

And a Futurama fan I see!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Midge-07

well lads lassies...name is amy aka midge...from cork i'm 19 love cars still have ta afford 1 ...like music and my friends

Does this site have some association with Ireland? It seems most of the people I run into on these forums are Irish or is it just a coincidence as I suspect?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Midge-07

LilKitty wrote:
    Does this site have some association with Ireland? It seems most of the people I run into on these forums are Irish or is it just a coincidence as I suspect?:confused:

well maybe the .ie part mite give it away lol:p

Midge-07 wrote:
    well maybe the .ie part mite give it away lol:p

Well coming from Australia and not having visited that many Irish websites, .ie being a Irish domain eluded me.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 15 singlehoh

Midge-07 wrote:
    well lads lassies...name is amy aka midge...from cork i'm 19 love cars still have ta afford 1 ...like music and my friends
    welcome

• Advertisement

LilKitty wrote:

Boards.ie grew from a group of Quake players based in Ireland, the history is located here. There are other boards sites like boards.us (United States), boards.co.cn (China), boards.jp (Japan), boards.org.uk (United Kingdom) and boards.co.nz (New Zealand). A survey was carried out a while ago, should give you a break down on things.

Welcome all the new users by the way.:)

Advertisement