Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introductions - Say Hello Here

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Hi Everyone!

Well, my first ever post on your boards - I hope you don't mind me sneaking in a little early.... :D

I am Julie, a 46 yr old Mum living in Blackpool UK, & missus to Andy who is moving his job to Ireland...... :eek:

So.... in about 4 weeks we move to Ireland - Galway or Cork, I think at the minute!
    I'm addicted to the daft.ie website & busy getting somewhere nice for us to live, while he waits to hear about & decide what job he's taking... he has a choice of 3 at the minute... Sligo, Galway & Cork - he's not too keen on the Sligo job, so we'll probably end up in Cork - that's his preferred choice so far.

Anyway Hi All!! :)

Be sure to visit the Sligo, Cork and Galway forums. They might be able to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭North&South

Be sure to visit the Sligo, Cork and Galway forums. They might be able to help you out.
    And just what do you think I've been doing today then?
    Like I told hubby, research is important - I'm not being lazy sat at the PC all day, I've been busy researching..... :D

But thank you - I LOVE these boards!
    Julie

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

And just what do you think I've been doing today then?
    Like I told hubby, research is important - I'm not being lazy sat at the PC all day, I've been busy researching..... :D

Well I hope we are able to help. Best of luck with the move.
    But thank you - I LOVE these boards!
    Julie

This place is more like a drug. It's addictive.

.........This place is more like a drug. It's addictive.
    Oh, and then some!

Actually, I have a question for you...... We were in Sligo last weekend - our first time there, stayed in The Glass House Hotel - now..... WHY is the toilet water yellow??
    I thought maybe a maid had peed in our loo before we got there, & then had to 'go' when we was in the shopping centre the next day & it was the same!
    OK, so it's just a stoopid thing I was wondering, but... why??

And here's me wiv a bleedin' chemistry degree too & I'm puzzled over yellow loo water!! :D
    Julie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Even after you flush? Could be those things you put in the cistern to clean the toilet.

• Advertisement

Actually, I have a question for you...... We were in Sligo last weekend - our first time there, stayed in The Glass House Hotel - now..... WHY is the toilet water yellow??
    I thought maybe a maid had peed in our loo before we got there, & then had to 'go' when we was in the shopping centre the next day & it was the same!
    OK, so it's just a stoopid thing I was wondering, but... why??

Well I've never been to the glasshouse but that is a weird one all right. I think it might be one of those things that turns your toilet water blue except this turns it yellow. Why the hell they would want it to look like some one has pissed in their toilet though is beyond me.

Edit: Ruu bet me to it. *shakes fist*

Well I've never been to the glasshouse but that is a weird one all right. I think it might be one of those things that turns your toilet water blue except this turns it yellow. Why the hell they would want it to look like some one has pissed in their toilet though is beyond me.

Edit: Ruu bet me to it. *shakes fist*

Yep, you're probably both right... our youngest would be ok there, mind. She never flushes the loo, so she'd fit in just great!

She never flushes the loo, so she'd fit in just great!

No one would ever know.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

hi everyone, I'm new:)

moco wrote:
    hi everyone, I'm new:)

Welcome moco. Enjoy your stay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Hello everyone

I've had an account for a while but forgot about it. I just quit smoking and
    find posting/reading good posts a great way to take my mind off it.

Anyway, I am very impressed with boards.ie

Looking forward to posting with you!

Barney

Welcome Barney.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Howaya Barney!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭macco66

Hey all!

Lookin' forward to chatting. Pretty impressive site.

Smell ya!

Trust me macco you don't want to smell me. :D

Welcome. Enjoy and have fun. These lot haven't had showers in sometime and are stuck to their comptuer chairs. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭macco66

Ruu wrote:
    Welcome. Enjoy and have fun. These lot haven't had showers in sometime and are stuck to their comptuer chairs. :/

Ha! Guess I'll SEE yis later instead then!?!

Hello's :-)

.0/

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

ello im new'ish
    had a account that was not set up or accepted by a administrator awhile ago

Hey firestarter, enjoy posting. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AOF86

afternoon all, just wanted to say hello. first post, anything particularly important I need to know?

Just don't be a muppet and you should be all right. Personal abuse is a bannable offence here so if someone says something stupid point out the flaws in their argument instead of calling them an idiot.

Outside the forum they moderate a moderator is your average poster. So I only mod the Sligo IT forum outside of that I have no power.

Also don't forget to enjoy yourself and if you have a question don't be afraid to ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Hi all!! Just joined again, I was a member before, but my account dosent work... But even with that one I was just looking around, but this time I want to post...

So... Hi everybody!!!

msg11 wrote: »
    Hi all!! Just joined again, I was a member before, but my account dosent work... But even with that one I was just looking around, but this time I want to post...

So... Hi everybody!!!

Hello msg. Enjoy posting and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 DICK FINGERS

Hi Guys

I've been a long time reader and so i've decided to open an account and become a poster

I am a 40(ish) white single man from the heart of the country and my name is Richard i wanted to join to make new friends.

thanks for reading

yours kindly

Richard Fingers

Welcome along, enjoy your stay.

Edit: Short lived as it was..

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Sodoro

my first post....hi evrybody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭supertramp

Hi to everyone who has said hi, and hi to everyone else!

Welcome, welcome.

Have fun!

• Advertisement

Welcome along, have fun and enjoy posting. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Advertisement