Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introductions - Say Hello Here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Metallic_Sky**

looks like this is the place for a first post so here I go; hey everyone, I joined yesterday and am just now checking it out. Hope to hear from you all soon, later :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Welcome aboard, Metallic_Sky**. Enjoy posting. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ariedan

I actually stumbled across these forums by googling a specific subject, which led me to a thread here discussing it. The forums seemed active and covered a broad range of subjects, and I do like forums, so here I am. I don't really know what these forums are about, but it looks fun. So hiya.

thanks for the welcome!

Yeah thats the exact same way I came across this place, ariedan. But now I can't find the thread that made me join here in the first place, :rolleyes: typical

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Welcome to you both.

If you want to tell me what the thread was about I'll do a bit of searching Metallic.

• Advertisement

Oh thanks, well it was about english debating and the tread starter was saying how she wanted to set up a debating team in her school because there had been one in here old school but there wasn't one in the school shes in now. People were just giving her advice on how to go about starting it. Thats all I remember. It was a small enough thread. Thanks either way for this.

OK. Here's a couple I've found. Hopefully it's amoungst them:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54352703
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054998579

I'll have another search later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 here&there

Hi, privet from Russia! Even though many miles separate our countries, lots of people here have a liking for the people of Ireland and things Irish. It's a pleasure to be here on boards.ie, so if anyone needs an advice or travel tips or just a translation support - feel free to ask, i'm happy to help. Please excuse my poor English, I'm still learning. Also, privet means hello. Vladimir.

Welcome along, here&there. Enjoy posting, if you have any questions about the site then let us know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ariedan

Welcome to you both.

If you want to tell me what the thread was about I'll do a bit of searching Metallic.
    Haha, it's no big deal- I'm certain I could find it again. In fact, I'll probably look for it to post in soon. I actually happened to google "World of Warcraft names," knowing that many forums have threads where people list their characters, and this was one of the places I was led to. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mouse72

Hello! New user and slightly confused about posting, probably due to tiredness because of overindulgence in laughing juice at the weekend. I'd love to make some new friends here, having looked around its nice to see some intelligent conversation on a site :)

Howdy there mouse, take your time having a look around as it is a huge place. :) Let us know if there is anything you need to know/help with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mamamia79

Hey there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mamamia79

Just activating my "quick reply" I think. Stumbling through it all anyhoo:)

Welcome along, get to know the place. It can be very daunting at first. :) There is also a Test forum under the Sys menu where you can test the features and such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 landylad

Hi folks, just dropping by to say hi, new to the site so just finding my feet, seems to be lots of good threads so looking forward to taking part :):)

Hey there, landylad. Welcome to the jungle. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 4pointplay

Why cant you curse in here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Why would you want to?

Trust you to spot that Hagar.

[nofilter]

• Advertisement

Grooming...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 4pointplay

Yet another reason why Peoplesrepublicofcork rocks and this place don't.;)

Ah, another culchie... wanders away disinterestedly...

4pointplay wrote: »
    Why cant you curse in here?

You can. We just normally don't let n00bs know how to get around the filter.

Try: [nofilter]fuck[/nofilter] it.

Should work.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

126 thousand people (give or take) would care to disagree. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Torres9

Hello... Is there anyone out there??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Torres9 wrote: »
    Hello... Is there anyone out there??
    /me sings along

Hey Torres9, welcome to boards! :)

Welcome welcome :)

Hi, welcome aboard.

<_<

>_>

He he. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 TheEx

Testing, one two three four, ok I can type, hooray and do :D thats :cool:. now what the :confused: is next?
    Been snooping round boards.ie for a while, have seen some hilarious stuff, so have decided to join. Wish me luck!

Advertisement