Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introductions - Say Hello Here

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Welcome along to all the new posters :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 irishpaul70

Hi all - I have just signed up today to the boards.ie site. I have used sites like these before in other countries and for other reasons.

I joined because - I have now moved back to Ireland - been away since I was a kid.
    Last 6months working in Sydney Australia, then before that 9 years working for a company in USA (even bought a house in Florida - still miss the weather there!) on projects all over the US and Europe.
    and before that was working in London for a publishing company. Then of course that would then take me back to University/school days in england/Ireland.

So when I got a offer to work in Dublin - I packed the bags in Oz, headed to Florida, rented out the house and flew straight to Ireland and enjoy mum's home cooking for the 1st time in a good 15yrs only last week :D

Now staying at the parents home in Balbriggan, working on a client in North dublin (Finglas East). Looking to get my own apartment and buy a car (renting one is expensive here!) soon.

Anyone with pointers on things to do in Balbriggan - PM or point me to sites/threads, and any good advice on great areas to live in also accepted.

Bit more background - We still have a family home back in West Meath near Oldcastle(Meath) - and have visited a lot of time for wedding/holidays etc so know Ireland v.well. Parents got the Balbriggan place because the rest of the family and the Parents turned the w.meath place in to a family holiday home and to keep it in the family. Glad they did.

Off course been traveling for work for a long time and this new job should keep me in Dublin alot - mum says it is time to settle down :o LOL
    So yes - currently Single Guy, 38yrs old - and hope to enjoy Dublin and the pace of life here now til.....

Hope this hits the standard of intro? :D

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Impressive intro Paul. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭DubLass

Hi Im new - as in I signed up today, I was looking for information on scouts for my son, but I might stay :)

Sorry my intro is not as long as Pauls before me, but maybe my story is a tad more boring than his, well at least the bits I want to share :)

Scouts are as good a reason as any. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭navigator

Hi everybody!
    Just signed up.
    Talk to you soon...

Welcome navigator.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

How are names like that not taken up already? Good choice of name and welcome to the site.

Check out the Magic & Illusion Forum, link under my name ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭navigator

Thanks for welcoming.
    Yes 6th, I myself was surprised that such a name was not already taken... just tried and it worked!
    I'll check out your magic forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 drummeroisin

hello hello new this to as ya may guess:P how is everyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Welcome drummeroisin, enjoy the site. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 drummeroisin

i shall try my very best :P lookin for a way to fill the long days of studying in college ya no :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 FizznSuds

Hi my name is Amanda. I live in Belfast with my 4 children, partner, dog ,cat and tropical fish.
    I have started my own business working from home.

www.fizznsuds.com

I make and sell soap, bath bombs and many other items.

I work as a moderator for Northern Ireland Animal rescue and Alfies lost dogs.

Both my cat and dog are rescues.

Im a NCIS fan and also love games such as Silent Hill and Resident Evil.

So thats me .

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Brabus

Hi everyone,
    Another newbie here.Just joined in last few minutes.
    My speciality is about cars.
    Hope to get plenty of feedback from ye all (as long as its mainly positive!)
    But i don't mind a little critisim providing its not over the top either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

hello here

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lady Basset

Hi there, been looking and using info on this site for about year. finally joined!!! Delighted to be part of it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Welcome along all. There are forums here to suit all of your interests :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ciwi17

hello

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Ciwi17 wrote: »
    hello

yo, you finally registered:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 felicitykoo

hello

• Advertisement

hello
    Hello. Welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭BennyLava

Hello to all on boards, been reading for a few years, finally got round to joining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Welcome along, chums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

My first post! Hi everyone. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jordo051

First post to.

Mr Maroon wrote: »
    My first post! Hi everyone. :)
    Jordo051 wrote: »
    First post to.
    Hi guys. *waves*

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Becki-Jay

Hello There!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 shazfla

Hi Everyone

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Hi guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Hi Guys, and welcome to boardsies

Advertisement