Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introductions - Say Hello Here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 olufemi ibrahim

good day iam a new member how what to say hi to all members. thanks olufemi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

A big hello and welcome to all you new members, I hope you're finding your way around without too much trouble. If you're stuck, you're welcome to come back here and start a newthread.gif to ask any questions you have.

Enjoy your time!

Dav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bluevenom

hello mods, oldies & fellow newbies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭sourwine

Hello there,

i'm new as well (at least here in the forum I am quite new, in real life I am not that new any more, haha) and I am very happy about the warm welcome here.

We'll read us out there :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ThePmyster

Does anyone Know of a good place to get custom insignia badges done? please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 C>Lemon

Hey all, C>Lemon here. Regular Linux nut (see my antics @ http://support.zenwalk.org where I solve problems related to the Zenwalk Linux distribution as part of a huge support team). I also love games (especially Resident Evil 4, Chrono Trigger, Metroid Prime), hate my Leaving Certificate with a passion that threatens to overtake me, and read at all times (even when I'm not reading, I'm actually reading. :D). Finally, I'm a Modest Mouse fan. If you don't know it, don't knock it, please.

That's me. Oh yeah, I'm posting my MSN in case people want help with stuff or want to chat. Whatever.

Whoops. Forgot to mention my innate love of brackets. :D And also that I like my posts to be correct and believe 1337 5p34k and txt spk to be annoying but not intolerable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Slipperdaly

Hi All Boards.ie members..I'm new - Whats the initiation test???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Beer Werewolf

Heya,

New here, I'm Australian but with Irish family history, interested in learning Gaeilge and whatever. Seems like a good board for chat etc! :)

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Escapism

Hey everyone ...

another newbie to boards .... who knows what an adventure it'll be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Hello to one and all, welcome to the experience that is boards. Enjoy the madness and mayhem.
    bluevenom wrote: »
    hello mods, oldies & fellow newbies!

Why thank you, bluevenom, I hope you enjoy your time around boards.
    sourwine wrote: »
    Hello there,

i'm new as well (at least here in the forum I am quite new, in real life I am not that new any more, haha) and I am very happy about the warm welcome here.

We'll read us out there :-)

Welcome to boards, the more the merrier.
    ThePmyster wrote: »
    Does anyone Know of a good place to get custom insignia badges done? please

Haven't the foggiest, but then I don't even know what an insignia badge. I am sure there is someone to help you somewhere.
    C>Lemon wrote: »
    Hey all, C>Lemon here. Regular Linux nut (see my antics @ http://support.zenwalk.org where I solve problems related to the Zenwalk Linux distribution as part of a huge support team). I also love games (especially Resident Evil 4, Chrono Trigger, Metroid Prime), hate my Leaving Certificate with a passion that threatens to overtake me, and read at all times (even when I'm not reading, I'm actually reading. :D). Finally, I'm a Modest Mouse fan. If you don't know it, don't knock it, please.

That's me. Oh yeah, I'm posting my MSN in case people want help with stuff or want to chat. Whatever.

Whoops. Forgot to mention my innate love of brackets. :D And also that I like my posts to be correct and believe 1337 5p34k and txt spk to be annoying but not intolerable.

I read you post but was the none the wiser :rolleyes::rolleyes:, but welcome to boards. I hope you enjoy your stay.
    Hi All Boards.ie members..I'm new - Whats the initiation test???

No invitation test, take a look around and browse at your leisure. Lurk or post to your heart's content.
    Heya,

New here, I'm Australian but with Irish family history, interested in learning Gaeilge and whatever. Seems like a good board for chat etc! :)

:)

It most definitely is - there is an Austrailian/New Zealand forum, somewhere about, that I am sure they would be happy for your input. It is a great place and lots of different things on it.
    Escapism wrote: »
    Hey everyone ...

another newbie to boards .... who knows what an adventure it'll be :)

Dear Escapism, welcome to boards and I hope you enjoy your adventure. Ignore the strange and enjoy the weird.

Can I be paid please for this welcoming mullarkey, pppllleeezzzeee

• Advertisement

Thanks mate, I reckon I'll be some kind of help in those boards! Coming over to Aussie land should be far less alien than going to the US, I'd think. Still different, and I'd be glad to help. :) I helped a Welsh mate get a job and house over here recently right near where I live, was great to see him settling in with his wife and kids, very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ♠Jay♠

Just wanted to say hi all! I'm already stuck in posting, some of the debate is vicious, but that's to be expected on teh internetslols.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

greetings and salutations :cool:

♠Jay♠ wrote: »
    Just wanted to say hi all! I'm already stuck in posting, some of the debate is vicious, but that's to be expected on teh internetslols.

Hahahaha true, that, though a debate's more fun over a beer at the pub. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 C>Lemon

Hi Queen-Mise, apologies for any confusion caused, but unfortunately I tend to have that effect...which some find endearing! Most not though. I'm so lonely!:(

:D

♠Jay♠ wrote: »

Hi Jay, the debate can be viscious alright. That makes it all the more fun :p:p

greetings and salutations :cool:

Hello silent sage, welcome to the boards experience. Enjoy your posting.
    Hahahaha true, that, though a debate's more fun over a beer at the pub. :D

Very very true, but you can have your drinks at home. There has been some legendary threads caused by a few (too many) drinks :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    C>Lemon wrote: »
    Hi Queen-Mise, apologies for any confusion caused, but unfortunately I tend to have that effect...which some find endearing! Most not though. I'm so lonely!:(
    :D

No confusion caused at all. boards is an excellent cure for loneliness. Embrace your inner evangelist and convert everyone to ........... (you choose). Good luck.

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Very very true, but you can have your drinks at home. There has been some legendary threads caused by a few (too many) drinks :rolleyes::rolleyes:

:D:D

This is true.

Though the pub has the social atmosphere and the good looking guys :D

I've seen some bloody hilarious arguments online though. Probably started a lot myself after a night out, come home to wind down on the computer, and been too drunk to keep my mouth shut when appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

Hello,

Born in Manchester to Irish parents but moved to Dublin aged 7. Moved back to Manchester again six months ago. Hopefully that doesn't make me a queen loving this-that-and-the-other!

I post on other forums but am amazed by the size of this. So many different topics, so I'm going to get stuck in.

Col MCFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Welcome to one and all new people, enjoy your time on boards :)

\o/ <
    that's me welcoming you all with open arms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Hey, I'm Cíara!

As you can probably tell, I'm in CTYI. I'm a teenager, and from Dublin. So, umm, hi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

remember
    Guidelines for staying safe online:

* If anyone PMs you requesting personal information or with anything that makes you feel uncomfortable, do not hesitate in PMing one of the mods. Any actions that seems threatening or predatory in any way will be dealt with very seriously.
    * Don't post any personal information you wouldn't want your parents/teachers/future employers reading.
    * Don't post any contact information in public, you never know who'll see it.
    * Be very wary about who you arrange to meet online, if you do decide to meet, make sure it's during daylight hours in a public place (e.g a cafe)
    * Let someone know where you are going & who with. Bring someone with you or only agree to meet up as part of a group for added peace of mind.
    * Choose a safe public place, such as a park or cafe, and meet during daylight hours. A good tip is to go somewhere you are familiar with.
    * Provide your own travel arrangements & take your mobile with you.
    * Let the person you're meeting know how to recognise you if you haven't exchanged photos.
    * If you feel uncomfortable at any stage, excuse yourself to call a friend for advice or ask for the assistance of someone else on the scene. Never feel embarrassed, your safety is your top priority.
    * Remember do not get overly concerned, basic common sense and intuition are your best guide.
    * Don't post any pictures of yourself you wouldn't let your mother see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭gwhiz

Hi all..

Was a member of Boards many years ago.... so decided to come back and cant believe how this site has grown.. so many more topics and discussions. Have to say its very addictive. Im supposed to be scouring the internet looking for a job, without any success may I add, and I just keep giving up and logging on here AGAIN AND AGAIN !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 M.RaftisKennedy

Hi All,

My name is Maria. I have never used boards before or any type of forums.
    I'm a real newbie to all of this, so it is going to take me a good while to navigate my way around. I live in Waterford City, Hmmmmm I don't know what else to say!!! Anyway that's it I guess, Hi again to everyone!

Maria.

gwhiz wrote: »
    Hi all..

Was a member of Boards many years ago.... so decided to come back and cant believe how this site has grown.. so many more topics and discussions. Have to say its very addictive. Im supposed to be scouring the internet looking for a job, without any success may I add, and I just keep giving up and logging on here AGAIN AND AGAIN !!

Welcome back to Boards, it's good to have you back (I am the un-official guestmaster). The job hunting is hard isn't it, but then this isn't the worst place to put down your time - lots and lots of good info here.

Hi All,

My name is Maria. I have never used boards before or any type of forums.
    I'm a real newbie to all of this, so it is going to take me a good while to navigate my way around. I live in Waterford City, Hmmmmm I don't know what else to say!!! Anyway that's it I guess, Hi again to everyone!

Maria.

Hi Maria, welcome to boards. I agree on it taking you a while to get used to it. They are so many different parts to this website.

Here is the link for the Waterford City forum, as good a place as any to start. http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=482

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bansheee

Hi all:), I am a newbie so be gentle:D

Banshee (e) cos someone else got there first:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

All you need to do is be a better poster than them and you wont need to worry about the extra "e".

Going by your name I am providing the following links:

Paranormal Forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=446
    Mythology Forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=463

Welcome to Boards.ie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Hi, joined a while back but only getting around to posting hello now! Like so many others can't believe the number of forums/threads on here. Looking forward to getting involved :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lunerop

Hi this is my first time on boards.ie looks great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Hellooo.
    I used to have an account on here before but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.
    So yep, here I am again.
    My name's Adelyn and I look forward to see you guys around the place. :D

Advertisement