Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introductions - Say Hello Here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

GoCompere wrote: »
    Hi all, I want to post an Irish law question. How do i go about doing it? I want to get as much feedback and legitimate comments back, as i am in trouble with the law and need advice.

you can't ask for, or receive legal advice on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭smashiner

Hi all, first time to post on Boards.ie, joined mainly due to interest in classic cars and also doing a bit of Kenpo Karate in the past year or so, thought it would be good to sign up!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Hi and welcome to all you noobs :)

Enjoy yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Silverstone83

Hi guys new to this kind of things. Found advert.ie I'm hooked!

Hi guys new to this kind of things. Found advert.ie I'm hooked!
    I see you're getting into the swing of things on Adverts :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Hey there all I'm on boards a while now and have posted replies to a few things but have never started a thread and have a query bout how do I start a thread, do I need to put it in a certain category etc. :confused: Basically I want to find out where to find a specific sort of a television for a pressie and am completely lost as to how to do this. Thanks for all your help

kiersm wrote: »
    Hey there all I'm on boards a while now and have posted replies to a few things but have never started a thread and have a query bout how do I start a thread, do I need to put it in a certain category etc. :confused: Basically I want to find out where to find a specific sort of a television for a pressie and am completely lost as to how to do this. Thanks for all your help
    The best place is probably the Bargain Alerts (Requests) forum.

You could also go to the "talk to" forums where you can ask questions of reps from Curry's and Richersounds who do some offers for boardsies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Surmonter

Wow, this forum is massive.

So anyways, I am new here. I am 17..my name is Steven..I'm from Ohio..

Yeah..it's always awkward to introduce yourself. At least it is for me..I hate talking about myself. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Warrior Saint

Hi All, lurking here for a while, cant wait to get talkin' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 theneed2rock

good day all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Christopher Nolan

Hi Everybody Im the newest kid on the block.Looking for ward to making new friends and whatever God sends. mad.giftongue.gif First time I used one of these bods,sorry theres 2 of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jpower87

hiya!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

hello hows everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DonnaJim23

Howdy! i'm a newbie and it's a great feeling to be part of these community and i'm looking forward to meet great and intellectual people. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

DonnaJim23 wrote: »
    Howdy! i'm a newbie and it's a great feeling to be part of these community and i'm looking forward to meet great and intellectual people. :)

Unfortunatly, just like the real world, you'll also come across your fair share of idiots :)

Surmonter wrote: »
    Wow, this forum is massive.

So anyways, I am new here. I am 17..my name is Steven..I'm from Ohio..

Yeah..it's always awkward to introduce yourself. At least it is for me..I hate talking about myself. :D
    Hi All, lurking here for a while, cant wait to get talkin' :)
    good day all
    Hi Everybody Im the newest kid on the block.Looking for ward to making new friends and whatever God sends. mad.giftongue.gif First time I used one of these bods,sorry theres 2 of them.
    jpower87 wrote: »
    hiya!
    Hococop wrote: »
    hello hows everyone

Welcome to Boards.ie everyone ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 hopwitch

Hi there everyone - another mad hatter joins the tea party :D - interests include just about everything .... eternally curious, mostly optimistic and occasionally sensible. Entirely depending upon your definition of sensible of course.

hopwitch wrote: »
    interests include just about everything ....

You've come to the right place then :)

Here's a tip. In order to find forums more easily, switch the 'style' of the site to "boards.ie beta".

At the top menu choose boards.ie -> then "Change Styles" -> and then "boards.ie beta".

This creates a menu at the top of the screen where you can quickly see all the available forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Irish Eztrends - Authorised Merchant

How do I get started chating to you all?

From my limited experience - pick a forum that interests you, pick a thread that catches your imagination, hold your nose and jump in the deep end! Simples :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Domoniques

Hi
    I am new today but hope to vist often looks like a really good board:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nabeshin

I decided I may as well make the jump from just reading, to actually joining the place.

So... Hello!:D

How do I get started chating to you all?
    Domoniques wrote: »
    Hi
    I am new today but hope to vist often looks like a really good board:D
    Nabeshin wrote: »
    I decided I may as well make the jump from just reading, to actually joining the place.

So... Hello!:D

Hi and Welcome to Boards.ie

if you have any questions then just shoot !

• Registered Users Posts: 1 john luc

hello to the board

Those clingons can be a drag.Hot water and dettol does for me every time and I have the sweetest smelling sanitized space ship this side of the Ohio.icon7.gif

Dettol? Not for me - essential oil of lavender every time - sweet smelling, antibacterial, antiviral and the slight sheen of oil means those dastardly clingons can't get a hold if they try again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Thanks Ponster for that toptip - I've lurked on boards for ages, but found it hard to navigate - boards.ie beta has solved that issue!!

Speedsie
    Ponster wrote: »
    Here's a tip. In order to find forums more easily, switch the 'style' of the site to "boards.ie beta".

Great reply about the Clingons .Im still laughing ,Great stuff ! Theres a bit of a writer lost in you .God we have the best stuff on this channel.
    A big plus with "Boards.ie" is the E mail notification .It means you really must access it based on the "curiosity" factor.

But still trying to negotiate it .But getting there.

Boards is the final proof (if any was needed) that Mr Darwin had the right of it - the survival of the fittest predicated upon the species' response to adverse stimuli - only the weird and wonderful blossom here, while the mundane and boring return to the primeval swamp from whence they crawled.

• Advertisement

hopwitch wrote: »
    while the mundane and boring return to the primeval swamp from whence they crawled.

That's a terrible thing to say abut Leitrim !

Advertisement