Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introductions - Say Hello Here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Boyle Motors

Hey everyone,
    I don't want to give anyone a false impression so i clearly state that i'm part of a garage. We don't actually sell cars at all only do repairs. So I thought I could help out answer a few questions whenever I get the time to read through some of the posts. I find some of the motoring issues very interesting and have seen some good solutions to problems posted in the motors section, so thought i might be of some help. If this is frowned upon or not allowed i'd appreciate the heads up, thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hey everyone,
    I don't want to give anyone a false impression so i clearly state that i'm part of a garage. We don't actually sell cars at all only do repairs. So I thought I could help out answer a few questions whenever I get the time to read through some of the posts. I find some of the motoring issues very interesting and have seen some good solutions to problems posted in the motors section, so thought i might be of some help. If this is frowned upon or not allowed i'd appreciate the heads up, thanks.

Using company names as a username is considered advertising.

There is however the option of becoming a verified representative. You'll get one of the usernames in red to prove that you're representing who you claim to be.

There's more of an explanation here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056240868

and you can see the use of other verified representative names here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=241#

If you wish to continue in a personal capacity, you should create an account with a non-commercial username.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Boyle Motors

Spear wrote: »

If you wish to continue in a personal capacity, you should create an account with a non-commercial username.

Thanks will do, Ian

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Stevonicus

Hello, I guess i should just get that out of the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Vivala

Hi all. I'm new and a bit overwhelmed by the size of this site - its huuuuge!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 The Cunny Funt

Hi folks, viewed this forum a few times when googling things, only got around to signing up today. Big Celtic fan, love music (wide taste but mainly into indie, rock etc), that's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 starsoverparis

As above

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

As above!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 BuddingWriter

Hi guys,

Just a quick note to say hi! Hard to think there are still newbies out there but yep, I'm one of 'em!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jpmiddleton

Hi guys! Welcome me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hi guys! Welcome me.

Consider yourself officially welcomed!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭HTB

Hi folks, Im new to the site obviously. Have looked around before and my better half has been a member for ages.

Man this site is huge, you will probably find me in the tech section alot as Im into computers, also into mbikes :)

Feel free to give us a shout in here if you get lost. That's what we're here for!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 riskybiscuit

Hello there everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PRICELESS

I have been a member here under another profile name "PRICELESS" since 2008, however I have become locked out of my old email address (Hotmail were very unhelpful) and had to re-register just now with a new one. Am I still classed as a newbie regarding sigs/privileges or can a mod help me some way? I had 72 posts on my other profile.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

PRICELESS1 wrote: »
    I have been a member here under another profile name "PRICELESS" since 2008, however I have become locked out of my old email address (Hotmail were very unhelpful) and had to re-register just now with a new one. Am I still classed as a newbie regarding sigs/privileges or can a mod help me some way? I had 72 posts on my other profile.

Email hello at boards.ie to see about regaining access to your old account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 fergalevo

hey just joined said id say hey :D fantastic site for info on everytin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Sazzler

Hi everyone! Looking forward to lots of chat! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 PennyJellies

hello Everyone,

First time using boards, ooh so excited!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 PennyJellies

I'm a newbie too so hello!

• Advertisement

Double Hello to your double Hello! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm a newbie too so hello!
    Hello! I like your username. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Prot0type

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Brid B

Hi - I'm new to Boards.ie - I'm looking forward to being involved but there is just so much stuff - still excited about joining and I have never blogged before!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PRICELESS

Thank you for sorting that for me. I appreciate it.

PRICELESS wrote: »
    Thank you for sorting that for me. I appreciate it.
    You're welcome. Glad you got sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Penelope Pitstop87

After years of using boards.ie as a reference when googling something I have FINALLY joined!! Hey guys!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 symboybot

Hi everyone. I'm new here. Came here because of my interest in the Kennedy Assassination, but am also interested in computer animation, computer graphics, gay/lesbian rights and history, history in general, science fiction/fantasy and political history and politics - both Canadian and US. I am a dual US/Canadian citizen living in Vancouver, B.C. I am on disbility retirement and next year turn 65 and go on regular retirement. I am also a retired gay/lesbian rights activist who was involved in the Vancouver gay/lesbian rights movement in the 70s 80s and 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 randofmact

Hey everybody,

Just joined after using this site for a couple of years now to find the answers to all of lifes important questions..

I now feel like i'm ready to start "helping" others answer theirs :rolleyes:, and be told how wrong i am when i express an opinion, but thats what i like about this site, the brutal honesty :eek:

Just remember, as a wise young boy from Colorado once said, "sticks and stones may break my bones....but i'm jesus" Mr. Eric Cartmanerez.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,437 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Hey everyone! Have been looking at boards for ages and finally decided to join.

Advertisement