Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introductions - Say Hello Here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 aljud

Hi everyone, first time for everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Alzy

hello to all , long time reader but just joined :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭Kranium

Alzy wrote: »
    hello to all , long time reader but just joined :)

Just joined the other day myself . Hi :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Liam Leonard

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

hello everyone. long time lurker just joined a few days ago. still finding my way round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 juliann

Schwiiing wrote: »
    hello everyone. long time lurker just joined a few days ago. still finding my way round.

Me too but I'm no nearer to finding my way around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭Kranium

Hi guys I'm new too

• Registered Users Posts: 9 moonycat

Hello... just joined today and immediately got banned from the Dublin City forum for being a spammer? I posted a genuine question and have no idea which rule i "seriously breached"... one hour in, way to welcome the newbie...

Anyway if anyone is reading this - I am not a spammer, my question is genuine and any help you can give me is welcome! I have posted it in architecture and in accomodation - as both forums would be the right audience.

Ciao, M.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You posted the same thing multiple teams, in multiple forums. You also didn't bother posting it in the dedicated survey and research forum. If you want to contest the length of the ban, then do so in the DRP forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1397

Thanks Spear! I didn't realise there was a dedicated survey and research forum - it took me a while to find the couple i did select as i was trying to be relevant... will post there so! Will defo contest the ban that seems heavy handed, surely new people will do stuff wrong at some point...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

When someone with such a very low post count appears, and thus has no history of contributing, mods are understandably suspicious. I'd suggest you PM Des first about it. The DRP process needs you to do that first anyway.

Done! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Hello everyone, good to be here. As you may have guessed, George is my name. I am from Co Laois and work in the garage business. Looking forward to making a contribution to this great forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

how do i stop e-mails telling me someone has replied to a thread from being sent to my e-mail address? apologies in advance if this is in the wrong section.

Schwiiing wrote: »
    how do i stop e-mails telling me someone has replied to a thread from being sent to my e-mail address? apologies in advance if this is in the wrong section.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions

change your options to either not subscribe, or not to be notified.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Stocking Drinks Whiskey

Hello everyone!

This forum has been sitting in my bookmarks for a while now so it's about time I actually joined.

I've been drifting through a lot of forums over the last few months, I like to discuss things, most things really, if I have something to say on something, I'll say it.

This place looks very nice, if a bit huge, I suppose time will tell if I become a regular or not, either way, I hope I get along with the lot of you.

Oh, a quick question, is it possible to upload or link to avatar images rather than using the forum's list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 alexcolin

I'm Alex colin, newbie to this forum. I'm here to gather new knowledge and share my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jwhat

Hi,

I've been reading the forum for a while and decided to sign up so I can ask some questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭golfbgud

Hello everyone, good to be here. As you may have guessed, George is my name. I am from Co Laois and work in the garage business. Looking forward to making a contribution to this great forum!

Welcome George - good to see a genuine, honest, knowledgeable and helpful poster joining the Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 NJQ

Just started 5 minutes so a real newbie. Any tips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Rabid50

rabid50 I am new to this forum. Hi and have a good life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Hi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gaffcut

Just joining; tip-toeing in and blinking in awe at the spacious surroundings and realms of knowledge displayed

• Registered Users Posts: 11 EithneMasterson

New here also have not gotten the hang of it yet, hello to all
    A Dubliner now living in the USA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tipper2001

hi all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sciencedude01

Hi all , im new here , just signed up ..so any tips for a newbie like me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gaza24

:) hi everyone im new on this site ive been reading the fourms and now i have decided to join in and see whats hapening,id like to post therad ,could someone get back to me on the easiest way to navagite my way through this, thank all input is elcome:)

hi i am new on this site looking for advice on how to post thread

hi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kenya

Hi everybody. Nice to be member of such a big family.

Advertisement