Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introductions - Say Hello Here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lightly

hi all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sbellof

Hello everybody! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Inclusion

Hello all ! I'm a newbie!
    I have 4 or 5 posts here already , but just can't figure out how to use the 'thanks' system?! (embarrassing i know :rolleyes:)
    any help would be appreciated :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Inclusion wrote: »
    Hello all ! I'm a newbie!
    I have 4 or 5 posts here already , but just can't figure out how to use the 'thanks' system?! (embarrassing i know :rolleyes:)
    any help would be appreciated :D
    You need 10 posts (it might be 15) and then it'll appear under a post. it's not available in every Forum.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You need 10 posts (it might be 15) and then it'll appear under every post.

It's 10.

It's all in the FAQs:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056265452

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 birdlake

Hello hello! I've gotten so many answers from boards the past few years I finally decided to join up and mingle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭patk72

Hi all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

hello

• Registered Users Posts: 39 eyeinthesky

Hi all, following excellent site with all different forums for some time. So i decided to take the plunge and join.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

Just wanted to say Hi .Been visiting now for a while,so decided to take the plunge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mickey Lover

Hiya completely new to boards.ie but I'm liking what I'm seeing !:D

Hiya completely new to boards.ie but I'm liking what I'm seeing !:D
    I can see the pisstakes already.....Mickey.:pac:

Legit name LOL when I get enough posts I can put my pic under my name and you can see what I mean*

*if you have a dirty mind it's not what you're thinking lol

Legit name LOL when I get enough posts I can put my pic under my name and you can see what I mean*

*if you have a dirty mind it's not what you're thinking lol
    Yea right, I'll be mentally scarred from this pic, I know it.

You'll have to subscribe to put up a pic.

If I'm wrong about that, Spear will correct me.:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Yea right, I'll be mentally scarred from this pic, I know it.

You'll have to subscribe to put up a pic.

If I'm wrong about that, Spear will correct me.:pac:

There are Mickey Mouse based avatars in the default selections available to everyone, or at least I hope that's what his her username refers to.

Disney_-_Mickey_Mouse.gif

Spear wrote: »
    There are Mickey Mouse based avatars in the default selections available to everyone, or at least I hope that's what his username refers to.

Disney_-_Mickey_Mouse.gif
    LOL, their's no hope for me!

He never entered my mind.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭IHateMondays

Hello there,
    Welcome, I'm fairly new here myself too, hope you enjoy it.

Ah shucks Spear you got me ! Yes indeedy it's the mouse I'm referring to :rolleyes: As a complete newbie can I ask you is it possible to upload a pic from my computer to use you know at the side where my name is displayed on posts - I'm a 'she' lol and I made a big mickey cake at the weekend that I wanted to use
    Thanks

Avalanche - had a feeling you were thinking that way :D

Ah shucks Spear you got me ! Yes indeedy it's the mouse I'm referring to :rolleyes: As a complete newbie can I ask you is it possible to upload a pic from my computer to use you know at the side where my name is displayed on posts - I'm a 'she' lol and I made a big mickey cake at the weekend that I wanted to use
    Thanks

Avalanche - had a feeling you were thinking that way :D

For custom avatars (and other perks) you'll need to subscribe.

Check point 10 on here for details:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056265452

Thank you Spear - man you are quick off the mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 TECHNICALTOM

Technicaltom here in Cork saying hello.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gemster

Greetings all. Am interested to see what I can pick up here (information rather that STDs, hopefully) and also to contribute where I can. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Local Outlier

I use the internet alot, but I find this site complicated...

Gemster wrote: »
    Greetings all. Am interested to see what I can pick up here (information rather that STDs, hopefully) and also to contribute where I can. :)
    I hope you don't catch one of those computer viruses that Del Boy nearly caught that time...

I use the internet alot, but I find this site complicated...

Main Forums Page is where you should start. Look to find Topic you have interest in....like Bargain Alerts, everyone loves a bargain.

In there you have all sorts...like Cheap Sat Navs if you want to keep an eye on this Thread then click the Follow Thread button at the Top here....follow_thread.png

...or post in it. Post Reply button is to the left of Follow Thread button^^^ and is down at the bottom of the Thread aswell. At the very bottom of the page is the quick reply box....same as post reply but with less editing options.

As you post in and follow threads they will be added to your Control Panel (CP) which is just above the post reply button when you are logged in.

Do you see this firstnew.gif beside Threads that you've followed, click that to take you to the last Post you've read in that Thread.

Read this this and this, it's all very easy after a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mochamajesty

Hello, everyone!

I just joined today, and I am impressed with what I have seen so far.

I like the vast array of topics on this forum. I really hope to become a regular here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 txsweet

hello everyone, i guess im the newest of the new. Im also blonde so now you get double wammied:p:p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Welcome to boards!

hello Mr. Shield..(or Mrs)...dont know yet....

so can I like go anywhere, are am I not able to go everywhere...can you help me here....remember again im blonde.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Post in any forum you like, about any discussions that are happening.

For example, if you go to our After Hours forum, you'll see lots of things being discussed. Feel free to jump in.

If you have any questions, read the Top 10 Questions & Answers out in the main forum which is 4th from the top, and remember to read the Charter which is second from the top.

Good luck!

• Advertisement

Thank you, and I will do.

Advertisement