Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web page image question

Options
  • 16-04-2004 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

hi guys,

i need help with something i'm planning to do with a web page....basically i've got an image (a country map) and i want to display another image based on the county the user is hovering over..this image should change if they move to another county etc...

does anyone have any ideas how to do this or are there any examples you could direct me to on the web....

cheers..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

do you want to change the same image or a seperate one?

take a look at http://www.chogm97.org/
    the script there does both:
    document.images[num+1].src = over[num].src;
    changes the same image
    document.images[10].src = over1[num].src;
    changes the seperate one on the right

you might have to do some experimenting or you can find a few tutorials on this and other methods by googling for something like javavscript image swap

hth
    \r

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

cheers tricky....

thats exactly what i wanted...is there any issues with me just copying the code from the website?...or could i get in trouble for plaguerism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

no probs, tis mine originally :cool:

\r

Advertisement