Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Change Insurance Company

Options
  • 16-04-2004 10:58am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads

Can I change my car insurance half way through the year?? I started my policy in September and am paying 1090 Euro fully comp.
    Did a few online quotes and just one stood out at been for 805 Euro for the same.

So can i change now to these guys??

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

I know someone who tried to do this and he told me this.
    You have to pay a penalty. about €40 or so to cancel a policy.
    The big draw back though is that you will lose the 6 months no claims bonus you have so far in the year.

It may not be the same with all insurers though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Yes you can change, but the insurance co your with now will try to stop you by charging you a huge cancellation charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Nothing stopping you looking around but DO check the T's & C's of your policy. I had the unfortunate episode of cancelling six months into a policy. I fully expected the refund to be pro rata i.e. half of what I paid back and was then told that as I had cancelled within the first year I would be paid a descretionary amount back.

So after paying €2000 for a policy and having it for six months I got back a whopping €590.

Go figure.

K-

Advertisement