Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question

Options
  • 16-04-2004 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Hi

Sorry if this is a stupid question.....have been a console person for the last 5-6 years but have moved back to PC gaming and have recently bought BF1942 and BF-V. Good games I must say

Prob is with the mods for BF1942....I have download all the mods available and installed 2 of them so far......BF1918 and Forgotten hope......my question is can you play this mods as a single player? when I try to play as single player there is no new maps listed and when I try to use one of the original maps it loads so far and then just crashes out to desktop!!

If I check multiplayer I can see new maps listed there....was just wondering are these mods only for multiplayer use??? cheers for the help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

The mods are really multiplayer only, best u might get is starting a local server and playing with bots, but to be honest, the real fun is online.

just pop onto navan (games4.iol.ie) , it would also be worth your while taking a look at desert combat theres a n irish server for that cavan (games2.iol.ie) but its a pretty lonely place these days, but that might be good if you want to get some heli practise in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Cheers mate! must have a look online........have a wireless network setup in house for the past 2 weeks with a few mates so will get some practice in first here and then use online servers to kill every1........haha!! thanks again

Tryin to get joystick for flyin!! so far I can take off.....do a barrel roll and end up going head first into the sea/land.....haha.......any ideas for the best one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

I have a Saitek x45...

To be honest, i find using a stick in battlefield annoying. Getting a decent key setup is more useful.

Q + Z control pitch
    A + D control roll
    mouse X axis controls rudder/yaw
    mouse y axis controls pitch as well.
    W +S control throttle.

Works pretty well, i'd consider myself a handy enough pilot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I dont think Forgotten hope supports bots and maps fail to load when one tries a single player game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

yea, cully is right about FH not supporting sp..but you can dlownload the Xtended mods for DC and GC that allows you to play sp, although I don;t think FH will ever get sp support any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

FH had SP support in one of its earlier release's, which was nice. Then after they updated BF they had to release a patch for it to work with new BF patch, and no SP support since.

Advertisement