Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom sales lady gave me false information!

Options
  • 16-04-2004 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

I was using UTVip XL and an Eircom sales agent came to the door asking me to swich back to them. I told her I was getting 180 hours for €25 euro from UTV and she told me that I could get unlimited flat rate access from Eircom for €30. That is the only reason I switched over because I wanted to do overnight downloads. I found out today that there is no such thing as unlimited flat rate access with Eircom and the best they had is 150 hours for €30. I must be on that service and I never would have moved to eircom if I had've known. Is there anything I can do? I don't want to switch back to UTV and be stuck with a contract as I will probably be getting broadband soon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Lied to by Eircom Winback <sigh>

Complain to her boss Alanc Cox acox@eircom.ie

If you were less than 3 months with UTV then complain to UTV AND to info@comreg.ie

Read the small print in future

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭query

It's probably better if you get UTV to complain to ComReg....

of course as eircom carry the UTV calls will that happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Muck
    If you were less than 3 months with UTV
    No, I was with them for about 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Then you have no comeback with UTV or Comreg ....Winback activities are not allowed for 3 months after switching.

Get onto Alan

M

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Alan Cox works for Eircom now? ILUG'll be up in arms! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Caveat emptor.
    Should be eirscums slogan

why oh why did you believe anything they told you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭lynchie

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Alan Cox works for Eircom now? ILUG'll be up in arms! :)

lol.. heard he was taking a break from kernel hacking.. didnt think he was taking a job with eircon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Then you have no comeback with UTV or Comreg
    What about the flat out lying part?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I had an esat idiot at the door last week, trying to sell me a 25 euro package instead of me paying eircom my usual 5 euro for the calls I make :rolleyes: .... but he was getting into his spiel and I couldnt get a word in edgeways until he said the daftest thing I ever heard "BT own all the telecommunications satellites" and he stopped (I let out a laugh there) ... but he started again ...but with less vigour .... and when I said no again he went away

Oh yeah, I asked him could I take the small brochure (my sister makes a lot of local calls and may have been interested, she uses another company for long distance) but he said no, this brochure is only shown to preselected people who fit a certain demographic .... I honestly had a tough job holding in a laugh ... (he had obviously run out of them)

Complain to her boss Alanc Cox acox@eircom.ie
    I e-mailed Alan today and I got this reply:

Why are you writing to me about this? Who gave you my name?

Regards
    Alan Cox
    Systems and Data

• Advertisement

He isn't her boss.

Alan is the marketing person who signs the letters but would have no more power over a sales rep than you or I.

Complain to Regulatory Affairs (compliance dept), Eircom retail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bubblechick

Just to let you all know that the guy you mean to refer to is Alan FOX not Alan COX. But Alan Fox has now left eircom as of about 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Thanks for that bubblechick. Any idea who the new guy/lassie is?

Technically her boss is probably Joe Gavin of CPM Ireland (contact details included). Joe won't give a fig though so query's suggestion may be the handiest.

Personally I'd run with query's suggestion, complain to Comreg anyway and get rid of some stress by giving CPM an earful on the phone for employing people who are willing to blatantly lie to get a sale as well but that's just me.

Go directly to Cathal Magee, eircom retail or David Mc Redmond, Commercial Director

Originally posted by query
    David Mc Redmond
    No way.:ninja: Thanks anyway, I'll try Cathal Magee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 poneill

The Eircom Winback Campaign Account manager in CPM Ireland, responsible for the supervision of the 100 Field Reps who go door to door is Gordon Hill of CPM Ireland.

He sets their targets and monitors their results .

gordon@cpmire.com is his address I think.

They are agents on behalf of eircom. So therefore go to eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

ComReg finds three Service Providers in breach of the Carrier Pre-Selection Code of Practice

http://www.siteviewer.ie/whats_new/default.asp?ctype=5&nid=101515

Read this - It looks like she was just doing her job - looks like it's eircom policy to tell lies

In this report esat should be praised for derogatory remarks about eirCON

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I have a letter from winback stating that I was given misleading info when the sales rep called to the door. I must scan it in sometime!
    However, it still does not explain the little matter of the drone on 1901 who confirmed everything the winback salesman said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

I had a Eircom Winback at the door last night too asking me to switch back,
    I told him that my biggest out going was line rental. he told me to contact
    Dermot Aherns office, as it was his fault .... yeah sure I am gonna come back ...
    leave before I unlease my fist of death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by MDR
    [B}yeah sure I am gonna come back ...
    leave before I unlease my fist of death. [/B]

:D ... how do you stop it once it gets going?, does it actually have a leash?

I never got in touch with Eircom after a load of e-mails, the customer service never replied to two of my e-mails, I rang 1901 and I was talking to a machine for about half an hour so I just gave up. I just checked my bill online and it €122.68, I can't check the itimised bill online yet to see how much is internet but I'd say the vast majority is. I'm not paying more than the €30 i was told it would be. Any phone numbers I can ring?

Cheers.

BTW - I'll be with Esat next month and I can't wait until their is competition line rental industry so i don't have to see an Eircom letter again.:mad:

Advertisement