Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate game rights go to Australian developer

Options
  • 16-04-2004 2:02pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In what has been cited as Australia’s largest games deal an Australian games developer Perception has secured the rights to games based on the sci-fi television program Stargate SG-1 and the future Stargate Atlantis series....
    url]http://gamire.com/gamire/newsitem?id=584[/url

It's a bit strange such a small company got the rights. What does everyone think?

(I was posting this about 3am but Boards done its normal shut down or whatever it does at that time of night).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Was wondering when a game would be made.
    I am quietly optimistic that it was given to a small games developer.
    It means that it could be a make or break situation for em(i dont think i ever heard of em so i could be wrong) and will put a lot of thought into it.

Better than EA who'd just throw money at it and see what comes out. That said i hope these guys have the funds to make it a good game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

there was talk of HL mod a long time ago, which looked beautiful .... sadly disappeared!

I'm very sceptable of SG-1 Game .... love series, and think game will destroy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Squad based tactical shooter with rpg and stealth elements anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Could a be a good game if done right ,theres scope for literally hundreds of levels and scenarios but also scope of numerous gametypes, rpg, fps.

Perception made 2 games before, http://www.perception.com.au/aboutus.html

Hopefully they do a good job and use the license well.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

There was an SG-1 game on the Snes I think it was way back when. I can't remember much of it, mainly that it was set on Abidos. Dunno, the game could be good, but then again it could be bad. Personally, I'm not keeping my hopes up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by KdjaC
    http://www.perception.com.au/aboutus.html

"...the company is also working closely with a major film studio on a licensed property for all major platforms, which it hopes to announce shortly. The game is an action packed First Person Shooter"...

I'd have to put my money on a FPS. Fingers crossed it turns out good, but my hopes are staying neutral for now.

(BTW the news is about two weeks old (I've been busy with life etc), but I've seen little to nothing about it in most places).

Advertisement