Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Pride and Joy

• 16-04-2004 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

This is my pride and joy i just wanna know does anyone else have this sort of box set and does anyone know the price of it now ? :rolleyes:

http://www.thesuicidekrew.com/~members/Andy/DSCI0001.JPG

I love my box set !:D i really dont care what it costs tbh just id like too know something about it is there anyway to trace its box number or something, it cost like IR£44.99:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

MMMMMMmmmm. One thing tho, did ya take them out like at all? Or did ya just put them back for safekeeping?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

nice piece i don't really have anything like it tbh, who was the manufacturer could they help?

data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Playmates made the set. I have it too, only I've taken the figures out. Not like I'm gonna sell it :D

I was never mad collecting Playmate figures, but the ships were too much to resist hehe. I have:
    Enterprise B
    Defiant
    Voyager
    Enterprise E (first edition from First Contact)
    Borg Sphere
    -- missed the boat on all TNG ones, they were killer expensive by the time I went looking :(
    Have to say, the new ships by Art Asylum are very cool. The Enterprise A is fantastic, no crummy stickers to apply like the Playmates ones. I think I'll have to get their Enterprise NX :D

Anyone else collect the Star Trek micromachines, they were very cool! I loved the second edition Enterprise D that could saucer detatch :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

yeah art assylum have some nice bits now. i got pissed off with star trek prices when i saw how cheap they all are in the states, like everything i suppose

however in a comic store i got 3 nemesis figures for 10 dollars and then the guy sold me a enterprise figure for 3 dollars.

there was a forbidden planet in new york which was pretty cool, but the toy r us had a fairly decent selection mainly enterprise stuff though as that whats was airing at time. the forbidden planet prices on the stuff sickened me when i come home the enterprise figure was only 20euro or so over there but it could be 40-50 here shocking.

i got the NX though when we got it into work for 17 bills :)

i've got kinda transforming galaxy - galaxy X jobbie and then handmade DS9, defiant, vorcha ships and small, E-E, E-C and E-B ships

data

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Originally posted by TCamen
    Anyone else collect the Star Trek micromachines, they were very cool! I loved the second edition Enterprise D that could saucer detatch :cool:

I would have, only when they were first out, my parants wouldn't buy them for me :( I found an entire set on EBay for $299, but I'm not willing to spend that much on them :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i got the D from generations where the parts of the saucer blow off
    i got the vorcha attack ship
    voyager with the necells moving up and down (eats battery power)

models (non sounds)
    Romulan war bird
    ferringi maurader
    klingon bird of prey
    Enterprise 1701

i've got kinda transforming galaxy

The Transwarp Enterprise-D from 'All Good Things...' ? Have that too, not crazy about it!
    voyager with the necells moving up and down (eats battery power)

I think it's well cool the way they move up & down, but it's very noisy! I have to say, I don't think I've ever changed the batteries in mine hehe.

Forbidden Planet are such rip-offs for any stuff they get in. I was in there recently and the prices of Marvel figures or Trek ships (the Enterprise NX & Enterprise A) are just crazy.
    I have all bar 3 of the micromachines, but I'm only missing minor ships, like the ancient sail-ship from DS9, can't remember the episode title.

What about the little Trek playsets with the mini figures, they came out around '96? I have the shuttlecraft & Enteprise D ones with mini Picard,Riker,Troi,Data & Geordi.

Other Playmates stuff I have:
    TNG Transporter
    TNG Shuttlecraft Goddard
    TNG Bridge Playset
    TNG Type 2 Phaser
    TNG Medical Tricorder (the battery exploded in it so it doesn't work anymore grrr!)

I'd kill for the Playmates Deep Space Nine! :(

Oh yeah, I have a Hallmark Voyager christmas tree ornament that ya can plug in & it lights up hehe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

Originally posted by Achilles
    MMMMMMmmmm. One thing tho, did ya take them out like at all? Or did ya just put them back for safekeeping?

i have had the piece kept away for safe keeping never opened nothing its getting a little dusty tho ! also i got on to playmates and they said there was like 1000 made or sold cant remember what she said. They couldnt tell me how much it would fetch at auction or anything.
    so sorry for late reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

mmmmmmm.... money... can i borrow a tenner? :P

Right, so after 2 weeks, my Art Asylum Enterprise-A no longer has a stand. When I first got it, I loved the detail to the ship, still do. The display stand always looked a bit dodgy to me. It's really flimsy & has a top end shaped like a ball that you have to squeeze into the base of the ship to get it to on the stand to display it.

I went to take it off the stand for the first time & the ball part just snapped off. Now I have a stoopid stand, and a ship that has the other bit of the stand lodged in the base of it :mad:

Art Asylum need to consider new more sturdy display stands!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

god that would anoy me i have the enterrise D the "Generations" one luv it to bits but it has a very good stand theat was another playmates figure i think playmate make things to last :D

All the Playmates Trek stuff I have still all work/ have stands that support them properly! It's annoying that the Art Asylum one broke so soon, but the stand looked flimsy the minute I took it outta the box :mad:

Advertisement