Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EV700/EV900 Monitors

Options
  • 16-04-2004 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

I have an EV700 and EV900 set of monitors. Got them w/ a Gateway a few yrs ago.

These things are space hogs and take up a whole desk, but work prefectly well.

Can they be chopped up or can the cases be removed cos the depth is 20inches. Is it safe. One of them is for a server and is not needed much- Are there other cases you can buy.

Any ideas on how to make space?
    Aesthethics arent an issue!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

TBH i dont think thats an area you want ot go down. Theres quite a bit of radiation comming from those monitors and it is mostly expelled through the side and top of the monitor. Taking the case off wouldnt be a good idea and i dont know of anywhere that sells replacement ones and even if they did its unlightly to reduce your size.

What screen size is it? Mabye sell them and invest in flat screens or a smaller CRT?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Don't go there m8 - voltage inside your monitor is about 35000 volts :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

I have an old EV700 17", they're not worth much, doubt they'd pay for a flat screen monitor but I've seen some good 17" monitors witha depth closer too 12/14" for sale in the last while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Thx lads,
    That settle that then!

I think I might look at taking up one of the dell offers here in the US which are currently offering a free 15in flat panel upgrade on dimension desktops. Prices betw $499- 650 for a pretty good spec pc. Have a good few sticks of RAM knowcking aorund so I could just lash those in.

I'll wait and see but I dont think I'll be doing anyhting with these monsters for a while!

BTW COL_LOKI, they're 17in & 19in respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I'm using that same montor in. EV700.
    I might invest in a 17 inch TFT over the summer, with a built in TV tuner or something. It'll be a few months before i go there though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Actually that is the only good thing about it!

I have a hauppage tv tuner for it and its a fairly decent size. Might look to get a media remote control or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I'm still using the one I got with my P2-300mhz Gateway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I was using the p2-233 it came with up until about 2 months ago.
    Have an 2800+ on it now, bit of a leap!

Advertisement