Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Customer Service-Good News

• 16-04-2004 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

After all the problems I've had (and many others) with IOL bb the last couple of weeks I felt it was time I praised their customer service.After my initial ping/connection probs I mailed Esat.They have since mailed me 5 times detailing the nature of the probs and apologising etc.Further to this they have rang me 3 times to confirm was the service now ok etc.This finished with a call today telling me I will recieve a months free credit on my account due to the aforementioned problems.For once its nice to be able to post on the BB forum with some good news.I have by the way requested that they do the same with all Boards users and am awaiting a reply.
    :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

My line just went live today and it is is great, download speeds of 50KB/s+ and pings of 24ms average. Much better than the last crowd I was with where 15KB/s and pings of 400ms was the norm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Great to see someone posting praise of good service received. Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

What iol BB package it you guys go for as I went for BB plus €39.99 bundled and am curious what the interleaving(pings) is like on Iol BB packages
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

I went for the plus package bundled also. My pings to www.boards.ie average at 24ms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Bk's residental BB comparsion table must be spot on as this package is suppose to be low.
    Thks
    http://www.irelandoffline.org/home/staticpages/index.php?page=20030903212035303#comparison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Im with IOL and i cant ****in stand my pings outside of ireland. Its absolutely ****in bent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

lenny,,
    i hope u put in a good word for me..i want a months credit,,i am emailing them at the mo.Pings are good but i seem to avarge 20-25kps on downloads.just doing some speed tests and sending on to iol.

Fury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Hah, I've still only recieved that pathetic stock reply.
    Aaand it'll probably still take about a half hour on hold before getting through to someone, so they're still absolute clowns in my book.
    Roll on the end of the 12-month contract.

Advertisement