Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Split Lip Muse

Options
  • 16-04-2004 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

From the States ...

Muse never expected the first show of their US tour to end prematurely with a bloodied lead singer, but that's just what happened Friday night in Atlanta. The band was on stage when singer-guitarist Matt Bellamy attempted to pull off a guitar trick which misfired and he wound up slicing open his upper lip. Drummer Dominic Howard explains, "I think his guitar caught in his knees or something, and connected to his face and the sharp edge of the wood just sliced him." The band was forced to cut short their show and Bellamy was taken to the hospital where he received stitches. Their second show, Monday night in Philadelphia, was cancelled. The tour is expected to resume tonight in New York City. Meanwhile, Muse is beginning to get a reputation as a hazardous live act. The last show they played before coming to the US took place in Italy, and Howard ended up in the hospital after he was hit in the arm with Bellamy's guitar.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

They should sack Matt Bellamy before he kills them all when his guitar has been planted with bombs by terrorists. It will happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

I hope nothing nasty happens at witnness '04... i'll keep a safe distance to make sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Heard about this and was pretty doubtful at first. :eek:
    Such a shame, if their Dublin gigs are anything to go by, a hell of a lot of fans missed out big-time. Hopefully he'll keep up the stage-antics when they're re-scheduled though. Minus the accidents of course. Hes' such a legend.....:D
    xxx me

Advertisement