Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday Drinking Story

• 16-04-2004 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

Best Drinking Story Ever Told

Recently, a routine Garda patrol was parked outside a local neighborhood bar in Wicklow. Late in the evening, the officer noticed a man leaving the bar so intoxicated that he could barely walk. The man stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes with the officer quietly watching.

After what seemed an eternity and trying his keys on five different vehicles, the man managed to find his own car which he fell into. He was there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off.

Finally, he started his car, switched the wipers on and off (it was a dry night), flicked the hazard flasher on and off, tooted the horn and then switched on the lights. He moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a little and then remained stationary for a few more minutes as more patrons left in their vehicles.

At last he pulled out of the parking lot and started to drive slowly down the street. The Garda having patiently waited all this time, now started up his Garda car, put on the flashing lights, promptly pulled the man over and carried out a breathalyzer test. To his amazement the breathalyzer indicated no evidence that the man consumed alcohol at all.

Dumbfounded, the office said "I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the Garda station. This breathalyzer equipment must be broken."

"I doubt it," said the man. "Tonight I'm the designated decoy."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Ragamuffin

:) lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i don't like promoting drink driving... that was funny so it's ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Good one:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

posted awhile back
    great joke too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Good one. :):)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

great joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

Back in the day when drink driving didnt mean losing your licence, an old neighbour of mine was notorious for drink driving. He was caught so often that the cops kinda knew when to keep an eye out for him.

Anyway, one evening the cops pulled him over for drink driving. One of them drove him home in his car, while the other one followed in the cop car. They dropped him off and he wsa very courteous, and ensured the gardai it would never happen again.

When the 2 cops were driving back to the station, one of em realised he left his hat in the drunk dudes car. They drove back to his house to pick it up....

....and the car was gone again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Haha, that's a classic. Yours too, Bilbo

Advertisement