Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCB question?

Options
  • 16-04-2004 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭

Thinking about buying my first car - have had full clean license since 1999, have been named driver on mother's car for about 6 or 7 years (1 litre car) and named driver on father's car for about 1 year (2 litre car). Do I get a NCB as a result of all those years claims free? Or does it only count 1) if you are the principal driver, or 2) if I stick with the same insurance company my parents use?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

As far as I know they take it into consideration but it only gives you about 20% of
    the discount that you would get if it was you own NCB..

Well thats what I found with the insurance company I was with at the time i did the
    same as you, AXA..

But it depends on the insurance company, if you change companies, they might not
    even consider it..

Best thing to do is shop around and see what happens..

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

hi Paul,

Named driver experience (NDE) is counted as if it were in your own name. At least it is with AXA. With your experience depending on your age you would get between a 60-70% bonus with your experience as long as you have a full licence. So it is very valuable to have, Quinn also count it and will give you a slightly cheaper price than AXA but they have the worst policy out of all of the insurance companies out there. With the axa 1 being 1 of the better 1s out there if not the best.

Cheers
    Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Yeah some companies do take it into consideration, others don't.

I was on my father's policy for a few years before I got my own, I was insured to drive his car fully comp. with the AA, when I got my own car they wouldn't quote me on my own because I wasn't 27.

Advertisement