Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pressure, Mick Walsh, Casper, Warren K, etc - tunes from '93 - '97

• 16-04-2004 6:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

Recently I've come across two tunes that I heard and remembered from this period and I'd love to get my hands on more of. I've found a few track names, but because all the stuff I listened to back then was on tape, I've no track listings or anything like that.

Can anyone list out a few tunes that they would have heard from around then on tapes by the Dj's above?

Cheers,

Si.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

I have 2 Pressure tapes
    1) Deeper (or Deep) Asylum classics - Saturn 5/House Work/JX/Hi Lux/Guru Josh/Legend B & many more

2) Live from the Asylum May 1994

Abbey Discs always stock a few Pressure tapes. I have an N R GEX tape too, mixed by Mick Walsh, can't think of the tunes on it. Most of the tunes on those tapes would be impossible to hold off these days.

SP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Most of the tunes on those tapes would be impossible to hold off these days.

That's what I thought, until I started looking through Soulseek. You'd be surprised what tunes people keep over the years! Cheesr for the heads up - do Abbey Discs keep old Pressure tapes or are they newer ones? I don't even have a tape deck at this stage :D

Si.

Abbey Discs keep old Pressure tapes or are they newer ones?

They have a mixture of old & new. The Pressure tape - Live from the Asylum is from May 1994. I was in there on Thursday last, I noticed they had loads of tapes but didn't bother looking at them. They should really have all those tapes burned onto CD, more people would buy them.

Best of luck of your search anyway!

SP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I have all pressure tapes from that era ,House pressure 1 to 7 inc some taped from certain night clubs.
    Also have all gravity (Sides or whatever you called it) with Mick Walsh, Pat Hyland and numerous other Djs from that era.

I in middle of mp3ing them as it clears up most of the hiss that comes with tapes.
    When i done and i have DSL i share em (been doing this for years now LOL 126 tapes onto Hard Drie takes a while)

if you want any specific let me know and i copy it but best mp3ing em makes em sound good.

Kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

Do you have any Nigel H tapes?
    (deep progressive house, stuff like Spooky,Leftfield etc)
    I'd love to hear them again.

• Advertisement

Hey KdjaC, nice one, look forward to that. I'd love to get my hands on House Pressure 6 - think that's the one - used to love that tape! He also had another tape called Asylum Special, though I'm not sure if that was a once off or what.

I'd love to take a listen to all of them though as there was one tape (I can't remember whether it was Mick Walsh or Pressure) that I associate with a particulary good party from back then and I'd love to hear it again.

Cheers!

Actually there was another tape by Ed Case called Eternity - much faster than what I would've normally listened to back then, but there were some fantastic tunes on it. Don't suppose you have that one?

Have both Pressure 6 is good but that 2nd one i have that and its the best tape ever!

Seriously its amazing (me puts it on now to tease and remind)
    1st song on one side is weather experience (not meant to be there but adds to it ..LOL)
    2nd song has no lyrics but buggered if i know the name ,3rd song ahhh Mexico :) (Class) 4th song buggered if i know name of that (feel the voice of Untiy or somfin). Anyway this the best tape ever has to be shared to anyone who loved that time in dance music history (hasnt got much better with all the crap out now imo) wish i knew the names of these songs, really would make this post more interesting.

Only have two Ed Case tapes from Asylum one has the MC on ("DJ ED CASE IN THE PLACE" must have spent weeks thinking of that line) Both excellent was there both nights i think.

I use a Walkman and Line IN to store them on PC in Windows Media then MP3 them it cleans up the hiss if anyone knows any better way to do it please tell me.

Kdjac

Heh yeah I got a huge amount of listening to the Asylum Special. Looking forward to hearing them again - cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Have both Pressure 6 is good but that 2nd one i have that and its the best tape 4th song buggered if i know name of that (feel the voice of Untiy or somfin).

Kdjac

"Enjoy life together feel the force of unity" ah i have that on a tape. A friend has a whole box of Ormond and Asylum tapes but has moved out of the country and i can't get my hands on them :mad:

Kdjac, anychance i could download them from you ? Or maybe burn them onto a cd for me ?

• Advertisement

There's a tune on one of the Pressure tapes I have, thinks its on Deeper, it goes:
    "get up and move and play ball", can't get the name of it anywhere.
    Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers!!
    SP

Originally posted by Belfunk
    "Enjoy life together feel the force of unity" ah i have that on a tape. A friend has a whole box of Ormond and Asylum tapes but has moved out of the country and i can't get my hands on them :mad:

Kdjac, anychance i could download them from you ? Or maybe burn them onto a cd for me ?

Ormond multimedia center or the nightclub warren k used to be in?

Will post those tapes soon as i have DSL and if Lenny lets me :) otherwise it ninja PMs

kdjac

Lenny ya better let him ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea I have no probs at all!
    Here belfunk, you aren't the belfunk met at ILT are yea?

I sure am :D

Hows yourself ?
    Going back over this year? Summer one doesn't seem to be on so it will have to be the indoor one

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Ahh I'm keeping well
    Here's a few of the fests on this year
    Dance Valley, Nature One, Global Gathering, Creamfields, Sonar, Speakerplay and Pinkpop

Might try make it to nature one, and global gathering.. depending on its techno line-up
    Yea outdoor one is deffo not on this year.
    its a shame :(:dunno:

Advertisement