Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XP Pro Hanging

Options
  • 16-04-2004 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

CAn some one help me!! I am going to crack up here.

I am running Xp Pro on a AMD 2600, PC Chips mobo (new model) and 512Mb pc2100 ram.

The problem is that if I leave the computer idel trhe computer freezes. At this stage I have changed everything, ram and cpu included.

i have also cleared and reset the cmos.

Could it be a problem with Xp? I am not using the Service pack, could solve the problem.

All suggestions welcome!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

is it just locking up or do you get a Blue Screen?

I had similar probs with my machine...twas dodgy ram and a fried memory controller :dunno:

rare case to have the memory controller die but try a new mobo if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 End_Item

Originally posted by Kaimera
    is it just locking up or do you get a Blue Screen?

I had similar probs with my machine...twas dodgy ram and a fried memory controller :dunno:

rare case to have the memory controller die but try a new mobo if you can.

It just seems to be hanging, screen freezes. I have tried new memory, I really don't want to change tthe board (unless I have no other option) as it is brand new. I ahev changed the memory but still same problem.

Could the graphics card be causing this?

Advertisement