Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excellent Speed and Pings on Clicksilver

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Originally posted by Stephen
    Too many cs servers around already I tells ya!

No ! , it was me that told ye .:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Suosan
    Can you guys tell me a bit about the modem provided. My machine only has USB 1.1 and I would like to know if this will be sufficient ?
    USB 1.1 offers 12mbps throughput, which is over 20 times faster than the 512K DSL offerings, so you won't have any problems on that score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Suosan

I just recieved my modem and began setting it up. Everything was going fine until I got to the bit where it says ;-
    Enter the Clicksilver User name and Password that have been provided to you by Clicksilver

I don't seem to have recieved one. Where should it be ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You should have gotten it by email if you upgraded from some other UTV product. I dunno how else they distribute them - check and see if there's a page in the box with the modem with it, failing that, ring the helpdesk.
    The username takes the form csxxxxxx@adsl.utvinternet.com (i think), where the X's are numbers.
    the password is randomly generated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

connecting at 432 at gignews, havent gotten that since i got it last nov.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

csxxxxxx@adsl.utvinternet.com

Isnt it csxxxxxx@adsl.utvinternet.ie? Or is that just me?

You're probably right. Note the (i think) in my post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Does the utv modem only work by usb??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by bush
    Does the utv modem only work by usb??
    UTV only supply a USB modem by default. A number of people have posted that they will supply an ethernet modem instead for an additional fee of €30 or €50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Suosan

I finally got my Clicksilver broadband working his afternoon and already I have almost 300 Mb downloaded according to my Bandwidth Monitor.

I had to reinstall windows on another partition as I have VPN software installed to access the network where I have been contracting for the last year and updating windows and my anti-virus software caused a large download and its worring me.

If I start using my Clicksilver boadband today, is the 8 Gb cap to the end of the month or to this time next month ?

• Advertisement

They reset caps on the first of the month.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Originally posted by Suosan
    I finally got my Clicksilver broadband working his afternoon and already I have almost 300 Mb downloaded according to my Bandwidth Monitor.

I had to reinstall windows on another partition as I have VPN software installed to access the network where I have been contracting for the last year and updating windows and my anti-virus software caused a large download and its worring me.

If I start using my Clicksilver boadband today, is the 8 Gb cap to the end of the month or to this time next month ?

I have not yet heard of anyone exceeding the cap being charged and UTV stated in the newsgroup a while ago that they will contact people who are nearing the cap to give them a warning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

432 kbit/sec on giganews just now, speed looks good today.

If i'd known you could get an ethernet modem with utv, i would have asked for it , is it too late to upgrade to it now that i have clicksilver almost a month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

nope as far as i no you can still upgrade to it,but i could be wrong i think i remember charles saying that

Originally posted by 120_Minutes
    432 kbit/sec on giganews just now, speed looks good today.

If i'd known you could get an ethernet modem with utv, i would have asked for it , is it too late to upgrade to it now that i have clicksilver almost a month?

Give support a call or email them or ask in the utv support newsgroup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Does anyone know what ethernet modem they supply for the extra money?
    Does it have a built in router?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

forgive me for asking, but where does one find the utv newsgroup? i'm not really au fait with newsgroups at all....

Originally posted by 120_Minutes
    forgive me for asking, but where does one find the utv newsgroup? i'm not really au fait with newsgroups at all....

If you have outlook express (look under tools and then accounts) add news.utvinternet.com as a newserver and then it will download the various newsgroups which are on the server - utv.support is the one you are looking for.

Advertisement