Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Mini-ITX mod I have seen.

Options
  • 17-04-2004 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

This is the more impressive ITX mod I have seen so far, a classic classy design. I also like the Windows XP box mod, but this one rocks more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

thats very good. that from mini-itx.com?
    some brillant stuff there, almost pushed me down the mini-itx route.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Meadows

shame the motherboards are so weak. I allways was confused by how laptop motherboards are small and fast and how the itx motherboards are small but very slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

There is a version that does take p4 chips. The reasion for itx being slow is that the processor is part of the board, and in most cases can work witha a heatsin only. Still at 1ghz, i think they are slow as compared to a PIII 1GHz. Low power consumption is thing they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

They're not main-rig replacements for gamers/power users.
    They're handy little utility/media/web/fileserver boxen.

For the applications they're aimed at, they fulfil the requirements quite well.

Advertisement