Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband 12 month contracts

• 17-04-2004 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭

Who are you with and did you sign a contract?

I just installed IOL Broadband yesterday and I didn't have to sign anything, didn't have to click on any "I Agree" buttons. So I presume I can quit anytime I like (although I don't intend to unless some spectacular offer from another ISP comes along!).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You signed up online? Did you get any confirmation that they got your order?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

No, I ordered it on the phone. I received an email confirming the order but I didn't have to do anything else. Got my modem yesterday, connected it and I was online.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

You click on "i agree" when you start using the service.

Originally posted by Richard Dower
    You click on "i agree" when you start using the service.

I didn't have to do that. Where is it? I just installed the modem, opened Internet Explorer and started browsing.

It's a given...you don't sign anything. Once you connect the modem and use the service you agree to the terms and conditions.

Thus you're bound to the 12 month contract like everyone else. If in doubt...try get out of it and see what they say.

• Advertisement

Eircom have the same thing, you call and they enable the line, send the modem and the username/password.

Read in the terms and conditions that use of the service is acceptance of the 12 month contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by HelterSkelter
    Who are you with and did you sign a contract?

I just installed IOL Broadband yesterday and I didn't have to sign anything, didn't have to click on any "I Agree" buttons. So I presume I can quit anytime I like (although I don't intend to unless some spectacular offer from another ISP comes along!).
    To hell with the contract - what do you plan to do when they ask you for money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

yea, i didnt even open the box they sent me. I used a netgear router instead.

By the way, do I own the modem I got from IOL, or do they own it?

Originally posted by SouperComputer
    yea, i didnt even open the box they sent me. I used a netgear router instead.

By the way, do I own the modem I got from IOL, or do they own it?

If you signed up for Broadband Plus you own the modem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

sweeeeeet, he he, guess ill be putting a post on teh for sale forum so.

What are they worth these days?

• Advertisement

The Zyxel 623R-T1 is priced at €50 from Esat, so you'll have to offer €20-30 on the for sale page.

I might buy it.

;)

Advertisement