Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting to DC++

Options
  • 17-04-2004 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭

When I connect to DC++ in Active mode I cannot seem to download anything. Passive mode works but then I cannot connect to other users who are also in passive mode. Is there any setting I need to change? I am on IOLBB. I could connect on Active mode fine when I was with Irish Broadband.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Go to the settings tab, and make sure the IP thingy is empty.

Or (and i recommend this) go to dyn-dns.org or some other such site, and register for a free account. Then make an address such as helterskelter.no-ip.org, and make it point towards your IP, and use the automatic IP updater thingy, so even if your IP changes, the helterskelter.no-ip.org thing still points to the right IP.

Then put helterskelter.no-ip.org into teh DC++ settings as your IP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Subc

like mutant fruit said but if you have a router you'll need to forward a port, i read about this but the link is on my old computer. Forward port 411-412 and cause you have a dynamic IP your IP will change all the time so you can check what ur IP is here www.myip.com.

I used to be passive and when i went to active i had a lot more results :) x2 or 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Thanks lads.

Subc> I managed to get the port thingy to work.

Mutant> Just about to register for that site now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Uthred

Im having a similar problem, I have the cable from Digiweb's Wireless service connect directly into my Realtek NIC. I can connect to DC++ and see other users but I can neither initiate searches or download files. Any suggestions greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to Nets/Comms.

• Advertisement
Advertisement