Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

suggestions for a camping trip?

• 17-04-2004 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Me and 2 of my friends are thinking of going on a camping holiday in August. We're 18 and it'll be our first holiday without family. I was just wondering could anyone suggest anywhere to go? We don't have a clue what we want like!
    We do know we don't want to go on some crappy drinking holiday in Ibiza or where ever. Maybe camping in France. We just want to get away for a week. Somewhere cheap and good craic, maybe somewhere where they'd be other irish young people. We wanna stay in a hostel or tent.
    If anyone has any suggestions or has done anything like this before, I'd be very greatful to hear how ya got on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Camping/Hostelling in Germany rules, the beer is amazingly great.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'm off hosteling in prauge in july, and it looks like it's going to be a blast!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

How does renting a boat and going on the shannon for a week sound?
    Its great crack! just stopping off in different towns everynight and getting plastered drunk.
    It only costs about 150euro each, and 100euro deposit each(if you bring back the boat in one piece) this was for about 6 of us.
    Its even better when your driving the boat yourself drink haha,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Originally posted by Tommy Vercetti
    Camping/Hostelling in Germany rules, the beer is amazingly great.

Absolutely, I was just about to suggest Germany. I spent 18 days there in '97 with a scout group, we all thought it was fantastic. And as TV says the beer is great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭jetsonx

Camping/ hostelling in France can be quite boring.

Most of the campsites just have French and Dutch people eating cheese by their
    tents and caravans all day and who go to bed at 10pm.

The hostels in France can be quite institutional. As the other posters have said, Germany is great. Private hostels there have no curfews or none of that ****e (meaning you can stay out after 1am). And the beer is sensational.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ebowdia

Amsterdam is a nice place to visit too. There is a campsite within a 20 min walk of the city - a lot of backpackers go there and it's good fun. The city is a good laugh, and there is plenty to do by day and night. Also there is an excellant transport system to bring you to loads of nearby places, including beaches. I suppose it all depends on what type of holiday you want - city/beaches/sights/social etc?

Advertisement