Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom total rip off

• 17-04-2004 7:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭

Heres my stats for march of this year.Stats
    I feel theres something wrong there as i checked at the start of this month and it was 7 and a half gigs, (8 gig cap) then i checked yesterday and it tells me i owe a hundred euro seemingly for downloading 3 gigs in several minutes. Pretty impossible giving the lack of a 1 meg line in the back of my pc. I have'nt got this bill yet and am wondering should i take legal action against these morons. If i get the bill or not. I think this is pretty sick and the eircom.net phone line for accout queries is only available monday to friday 9.30-5.30(when everyones in work).

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Originally posted by Nick_oliveri
    Heres my stats for march of this year.Stats
    I feel theres something wrong there as i checked at the start of this month and it was 7 and a half gigs, (8 gig cap) then i checked yesterday and it tells me i owe a hundred euro seemingly for downloading 3 gigs in several minutes. Pretty impossible giving the lack of a 1 meg line in the back of my pc. I have'nt got this bill yet and am wondering should i take legal action against these morons. If i get the bill or not. I think this is pretty sick and the eircom.net phone line for accout queries is only available monday to friday 9.30-5.30(when everyones in work).

Take a deep breath and ring them (on Monday!) and find out exactly what is going on. Often a phone call sorts out stuff even with Eircom and besides you will need full details of exactly what has happened before you can even contemplate legal action.

Have you checked their figures for your downloading against your own?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

What if i get the bill by then?Im worried so fookin much. I dont have that money. This is arse.

N i checked. seven and a half gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

strange-cos we all knew eircoms cap was crap-but for so long every1 said they cud never enforce or monitor it. seems maybe they are now. give them a call and see what they say i guess. better to find out wats goin on now rather than wen its too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

If you pop over to the irelandoffline forum you will see that eircom are starting to enforce charges for going over the cap, and according to one poster in there the charges will also be backdated to whenever you first started going over the cap.

Im not saying this is whats happening in your case, but i wouldnt be surprosed if its that back dated charge coming into affect im afraid

Shin

and remember the calls cost 79 cent a minute if you are a broadband home customer
    so you can chat away for ten minutes the re and be put on hold and stuff:mad: a tenner per call very quickly:mad:

edit just noticed their home plus is a locall number
    The rip off on customer "care" extends to the people paying the 40 a month

• Advertisement

What if i get the bill by then?Im worried so fookin much. I dont have that money. This is arse.

N i checked. seven and a half gigs.

Well if you get the bill.which you will sooner or later anyways, It is open to you to pay the amount which you feel you owe and inform them that are paying for that and that you are in dispute with them over the rest. This will demonstrate your 'bona fides' in the event of it being referred somewhere later on. But do everything according to the book dont just stick your head in the sand..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Thats crap,refuse to pay it the worst that can happen is that they disconnect you and you can come to utv lol,one of my friends was very worried about that before,because he downloaded well over the 8gig limit every month and rang up and they said that they cant charge from past months,there usage is still not working:)

Originally posted by powerhousedan
    Thats crap,refuse to pay it the worst that can happen is that they disconnect you and you can come to utv lol,one of my friends was very worried about that before,because he downloaded well over the 8gig limit every month and rang up and they said that they cant charge from past months,there usage is still not working:)

Well if you check the original post they are obviously in a postion to monitor it now.

What happens if the poster refuses to pay without pursuing the issue properly and they disconnect him altogether or refuse to activate his line for another ISP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

I was disconnected by eircom due to a dispute over my parents not paying an upfront amount BEFORE the next bill.

first the phone was cut off, then the line was "ceased" ... which i later found out was because my parents had refused outright to pay eircom anything until they took off the 100E upfront nonsense.

i always thought that when an account is in dispute, it's illegal to disconnect said account until the dispute is rectified??

dub45 ... what good timing :)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by zoro
    dub45 ... what good timing :)

Indeed :) In fact when I was posting I was thinking of a situation like yours because I think I remember you posting about it before?

indeed .. can't seem to find it now ... search the forum for "f*cking eircom" or something along those lines, and then filter through the thousands of threads with that subject :D:p

seriously though, a complete and utter tripe way of dealing with customers. and i'm currently taking a shine to bitching about how esat "refresh" everyone's ip at 3am _every_ morning.

but as the dsl line remains up it's still an "always on" service. nice f*cking pussy-footing around the law there eh? :mad: dickheads :mad:

basically makes any large file transfer _impossible_ as as far as i'm concerned my connection dies! :mad:

anyway ... back on topic ...
    eircom are **** :)

Originally posted by zoro
    indeed .. can't seem to find it now ... search the forum for "f*cking eircom" or something along those lines, and then filter through the thousands of threads with that subject :D:p

seriously though, a complete and utter tripe way of dealing with customers. and i'm currently taking a shine to bitching about how esat "refresh" everyone's ip at 3am _every_ morning.

but as the dsl line remains up it's still an "always on" service. nice f*cking pussy-footing around the law there eh? :mad: dickheads :mad:

basically makes any large file transfer _impossible_ as as far as i'm concerned my connection dies! :mad:

anyway ... back on topic ...
    eircom are **** :)

Still make sure to contest the bill 'by the book' gives the poster the moral high ground anyways!

By the way I thought **** were people who indulged in 'self abuse' you cant call Eircom **** far too many people only too willing to abuse them! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

30Gb over = €1080
    20Gb over = €720
    10Gb over = €360

These are the kinds of excess bills that can be expected.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Your download allowance of 8192MB has been exceeded.
    Excess of 3359MB at 3 cents per MB is €100.77
    Thank you for using eircom.net

LOL - I'm sure they are greatful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Get over to IOL - the service is back to it's best now - it's cheaper and you get a bigger cap. Don't know why you chose Eircom in the first place. :D

Originally posted by dub45
    Well if you get the bill.which you will sooner or later anyways, It is open to you to pay the amount which you feel you owe and inform them that are paying for that and that you are in dispute with them over the rest. This will demonstrate your 'bona fides' in the event of it being referred somewhere later on. But do everything according to the book dont just stick your head in the sand..

The amount i think i owe? I aint no maths teacher. After the vat and all that.(which is gonna **** me even more) Omg it sez three gigs in seven minutes. What the hell? I never went over the cap, never.#

Edit- Twelve month contract:( :mad: :confused:
    Another Edit- These stats are wrong. There is no mb or kb beside the 3072

Gross neglegence, mental trauma, trying to rip me off. DIE EIRCOM DIE

Never exceeded cap-Stats.JPG

The amount i think i owe? I aint no maths teacher. After the vat and all that.(which is gonna **** me even more)

Never exceeded cap-Stats.JPG

Well if you never exceeded the cap pay your normal bill then, under proterst, and dispute the rest with them. Tell them exactly what you are doing and why.

Originally posted by dub45
    Well if you never exceeded the cap pay your normal bill then, under proterst, and dispute the rest with them. Tell them exactly what you are doing and why.
    but be _very_ careful and make sure you pay every cent of what you would feel would be a normal bill amount. (as in your nolimit stuff and what not)

as he said, dispute the rest, they _shouldn't_ be allowed to disconnect you .. but the did it to me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭jd

The amount i think i owe? I aint no maths teacher. After the vat and all that.(which is gonna **** me even more) Omg it sez three gigs in seven minutes. What the hell? I never went over the cap, never.#

Edit- Twelve month contract:( :mad: :confused:
    Another Edit- These stats are wrong. There is no mb or kb beside the 3072

Gross neglegence, mental trauma, trying to rip me off. DIE EIRCOM DIE

Are You sure that isn't 3072 bytes ?? (as per the column heading :/)

Any way, no one has got billed so far for going over the allowance-
    Ifthere is an obvious error- try sending a (polite) pm to webtest01

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?s=&action=finduser&userid=18529

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

my downloads where about 7.8gb last month, now eircom have updated there usage meter or whatever they said my downloads for last month where 8.7gb and that i owe about 20 wtf?

data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Well I'm waiting to see whether Eircom is charging for going over the cap. If they dont then I dont really mind what it says on the dslstats. But from the look of it, they seem to have a bug in their system so how can they start charging ppl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Make the first move, ring them and tell them to **** off..... Bloody caps. I love the UK.... Well when it comes to gettign ripped off, it tends to happen less over there.

John

A big thanks to everyone who helped out, with this big problem.
    If under protest paying what i usually pay they disconnect me i will be taking legal action. I'll find out later today hopefully whats going on. Someone was saying i could pay a tenner for the call. Thats purely outrageous. Im sick of this country and i can see an entire generation (including me) moving country to escape all of this. Why does bad things always happen to me?!!Should stop smoking wierd stuff for a while. Thanks to y'all i know what im doing now with this situation. You all calmed me down a tremendous amount. :D:D Ill be ok.

Originally posted by jd
    Are You sure that isn't 3072 bytes ?? (as per the column heading :/)

Thanks for clearing that up. Dont know how i got that wrong. So theres an invisible three gigs in there somewhere. Riight get it now.:o

Advertisement