Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrishBroadBand (IBB) Support irony

• 17-04-2004 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Let's have a laugh... shall we ?

Anyone dealing with IBB Support knows that it can be a very frustrating experience:
    No answers to emails... promises of calling the customer back that are rarely kept...etc...

How would you rate such support ? Not really good I guess.

Now here is the twist... Jeremy Nel (IBB Executive Director) http://www.irishbroadband.ie/htmdocs/media_centre/pr_old5.htm once said "I judge the excellence of a company by the quality of its product support."

Just look on that page : http://www.decisioneering.com/maintenance.html
    I'm attaching a screen capture just in case the quote mysteriously disappears from that page.

Could it be another Jeremy Nel ? I don't think so as it's signed by Jeremy Nel, NTR, Dublin, Ireland and NTR is IBB parent company.

Ironic isn't it ?

I wonder how Jeremy rates IBB Support ?
    I also wonder if Jeremy uses IBB for it's home broadband need or if he uses another ISP ?

uteotw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭EvilDoctorK

Good find uteotw ! - IBB customer service used to be quite good .. but is now brutal .. I guess their support dept. hasn't kept up with the expansion in customer numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

worst support ever

good find tho

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If u dont get replies to your e-mails why not ring them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

ive rang them on numerous occassions and theyve promised to ring me back-they never do.im gona call up there some day soon with a whole catelog of complaints.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

or e-mail them to them with ur previous ticket numbers etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

We don't get ticket numbers. (AFAIK). I know i never got them before when i e-mailed them.

Back in the day (i.e. last september-ish) IBB tech support was great, except for the fact they didn't operate at weekends and after 5. I could always get through quickly, and they always rang back.

Nowadays its gone the opposite direction. It seems the only way to get in touch with them is to stay on the line until someone answers, because they never answer. And e-mails seem to be ignored a lot. Its just gone to the dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

just to say that i did get a ticket number for the email support request I made in March. So that at least is working. And in fairness I have always got a call back to a phone query, just not neccesarily on the same day.

C

Advertisement