Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Board - The way forward.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by gandalf
    So reply to this thread if you feel you should have access from the off and we'll do our best to make sure you have.

Danke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

can i have access? i have no intention of posting atm but i may see a thread in the future i wanna post on and i dont want to have to go though the trouble of getting access then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Just wondering about me .. can I be added to the list too please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Hi,
    I'm almost sure I'm opening myself up for a big fat 'denied' here but I'm gonna ask anyway. May I be unbanned from the soccer board?

To summarise, since I was banned all of 11 months ago I haven't had any major urge to get my name back on the board due to the general standard of bickering and heavy-handedness that existed and fact of the matter is I deliberately got myself banned because I'd had enough of it and felt like going out on a bang.

The recent news of general meltdown of the soccerboard didn't surprise me in the slightest as it had been getting worse and worse and more agressive (on all sides) the entire time I was there and clearly had got even worse after I'd left to lead to this. I reckoned that be the case and as such never sought readmission - in fact never envisioned myself EVER seeking readmission so the banning suited me quite well.

However since this recent shutdown of soccer1 and anticipated re-opening of soccer2 I have honestly been impressed with the reaction from the organisers and the GENUINE footy fans here and I envision that when this board is reopened it won't be the agressive, disrespectful and generally unpleasant place soccer1 was before and instead will be a genuine success and a board that will consign the last board to bad memories. As such I'd like in this time round and I'm not ashamed to come here and humbly ask for that right either.

The reasons I think you should consider me for unbanning are as follows:
    1. At the time I apologised to Gandalf for the abusive behavior on my part.

2. I was banned for issues with the standard of modding (leads on in point '3') and not for the 'my team is better than your team so f-off loser' rudeness that (I understand?) lead to the eventual downfall of soccer1.

3. I finally accept that whilst the modding on soccer1 was IMHO heavy handed it was a neccesary evil.

4. I have been banned for nearly a year now without ever once (until now) asking to be unbanned - surely a sign that I am not just desperate to get back in there and start causing trouble again?

5. My behavior on the other boards since my banning has been (in my own opinion) congenial, good humoured, respectful and (whenever possible) helpful to other members. I intend to continue this behaviour in soccer2 too if admitted.

6. I actually do have an excellent knowledge of the game and feel I have an educated opinion to share with the group.

7. Finally, the fact in itself that by typing all this here I'm opening myself for swift rejection on a public forum shows the sincerity of my request and my commitment to (pardon the pun) 'stay onside' if admitted.

Anyway, thanks for reading this and no hard feelings whatever your final decision may be.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

may i be added to the list?

i am in the same boat as
    Phreak and would like access.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭bbop

Could you add me to the list aswell please
    its one of the only forums i relly post on and i have already written my speech for when Houllier is sacked
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dccarm

can I be added too?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

can i have access to the forum. I have posted there the most and would still like to post their.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

i would also like to be added to the list. i probably wasnt on the original list cause i haven't posted on soccer in a month but i'd like to post there now as it seems all the problems it was experiencing in the past while have been solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

mise fresin, le do thóil :)

seeing as some who have asked after me have been granted, i'll translate. me too please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Gandalf can you put me on the list for access rights too please

Thanks

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by Shaque attack
    i would also like to be added to the list. i probably wasnt on the original list cause i haven't posted on soccer in a month but i'd like to post there now as it seems all the problems it was experiencing in the past while have been solved.

Anyone with that stupid ignorant Nazi sig will have their access turned off by me. I dont care what anyone else says (and I'mfairly certain they'd agree with me) but you dont get to have privileges while simultaneously insulting one of the people supplying you with that privilege.

I would have thought that would fairly commonsensical etc... hand that feeds you and all...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

oops Ive not explained my sig properly, I should have put it in quote brackets.
    Ecksor made that pic himself AFAIK. I thought it was funny and was trying to share the joke.
    I meant no insult to ecksor or any of the admins, I was supporting ecksor AGAINST the rabble who were complaining about soccer being shut down.

Picture removed anyway, sorry about the misinterpretation, my bad.

[edit]
    (Where I saw the pic)
    [/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

I would like access too please.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭qwertyup

Wouldn't mind access, since I don't post enough to have any people to vouch for me.

Still, so long as it is there is read access for all I can manage without if I must.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by Shaque attack
    oops Ive not explained my sig properly, I should have put it in quote brackets.
    Ecksor made that pic himself AFAIK. I thought it was funny and was trying to share the joke.
    I meant no insult to ecksor or any of the admins, I was supporting ecksor AGAINST the rabble who were complaining about soccer being shut down.

Picture removed anyway, sorry about the misinterpretation, my bad.

[edit]
    (Where I saw the pic)
    [/edit]

ok, my mistake (though the feelings are genuine and stand). I dont think Ecksor made that himself, maybe he did. *shrug*.
    Either way this is a perfect example of people putting too little context into their internet writings. I just presumed you were expressing anger at xor and using your sig to have a swipe at him... the real reason was a lot more complex then Occam's Razor would have lead one to believe...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

me please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by DeVore
    Anyone with that stupid ignorant Nazi sig will have their access turned off by me. I dont care what anyone else says (and I'mfairly certain they'd agree with me) but you dont get to have privileges while simultaneously insulting one of the people supplying you with that privilege.

I would have thought that would fairly commonsensical etc... hand that feeds you and all...

DeV.

What has someones sig got to do with weather or not they should have access to a soccer forum? You find it offencive then ban people from the site. Don't have two standards about the issue at hand.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I didn't make that image, I was merely opportunistic in using it in that post to comment upon Bungalow Bill's frustrations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

The Forum is open now:dunno: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

I'd like access too please. :)

Originally posted by ecksor
    I didn't make that image, I was merely opportunistic in using it in that post to comment upon Bungalow Bill's frustrations.

Partly as a human (yes, remember, admins are carbon lifeforms who get pissed off too) response and partly because while I may not want to delete their sig or ban that user from the forums (my annoying sense of even-handedness and protection of their rights to be dickheads flares up at that) I sure as **** dont want to see admins or mods lift a finger to help these people. Such people simply have to learn that insulting people while asking them for a favour is a Bad Idea.

Anyway, in the case in point it was a case of mis-communication of genuine meaning.

Would you snap-to and help someone who in their sig was likening you to Hitler? Would you fcnk!

DeV.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Originally posted by DeVore
    Would you snap-to and help someone who in their sig was likening you to Hitler? Would you fcnk!

I get that quite frequently actually!

perhaps you missed this gem devore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Can I get on the list?

[edit]thankee[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Hey, Any chance i could get on the list?

I dont think i ever actually posted on the soccer forum before tbh, but i dont want to have to go through the whole nomination thing should i ever wish to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

Can I also be granted access to the Soccer Forum please? I don't post there that often but it would be nice to have the option.

Originally posted by Dustaz
    perhaps you missed this gem devore?

Perhaps you missed my posts on it? :p

DeV.

• Advertisement

bah. Damn kids....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement