Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Board - The way forward.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

Originally posted by PiE
    Nobody, just like you. Except I don't go around posting as if anyone actually gives a crap what I say.

Also, to the best of my knowledge my "attitude" has never been a problem on the Soccer board, or any other for that matter.

You don't post like anyone gives a crap?

how does one post like they think anyone gives a crap...

hmmm?

:dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Originally posted by Makaveli
    Tinky has changed his name to Zenner now or something.

Er . . . ZENER. Thanks Mak !! Have I offended you in some way?

I changed it to get away from the tinky - minky - muppet thing which basically explained most if not all the controversial posts I made to the forum. I thought the rest of my posts were in keeping with the spirit of things generally to be honest.

I think opening the forum to all current posters with a one strike you're out theme would have been fairer.

Any way is it a life ban or just a few days/weeks/months ?

ZENER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by gandalf

Pigman if you get 2 people to nominate you I have no problems letting you back onto soccer. I have looked at your posts on other boards and you have made valueable contributions to them.
    Originally posted by DapperGent
    I'll be one.

That's very kind of you Dappergent! Thank you very much for nominating me.

Is there anyone else willing to give a contrite guy a second chance by nominating me?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'd like access to a soccer forum where big people takl about soccer like big people should.

I haven't posted since December though (and once went without posting for a year) so I'll happily go through the nomination process.

Looking for two potential victims to nominate me then I suppose:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I pm'd Hyzepher earlier today and he agreed to sponsor me. Anybody else wanna sponsor me??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by sceptre
    Looking for two potential victims to nominate me then I suppose:)

I sincerely doubt somone of your standing should need it, but I'll nominate you if required :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'll nominate you sceptre.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hydromonkey, Davey Devil and Sceptre are in.

For the moment the people excluded are permanent.

However the mods will be monitoring how things pan out in soccer and will reconsider all bans in the near future.

BTW its not really considered clever to vouch for someone who is banned.

Again I am ignoring PM's asking for access. Please post requests here if you have been a regular poster on soccer. Otherwise use the Access board with 2 nominators posting after your request.

Gandalf.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

nice sig kaids but beware you might be banned for it cause boards.ie is getting PC now
    edit: for those who didnt see
    ruud.jpg

whats the basis for bannings!? i think a reason is the least you could do

The above 'sig' isn't actually a signature. My signature is "my blog-like page: www.kaids.com". At least it was, it got nuked for breaking the rules (roffle).

The above pic is a skit of the whole "DeVore: that sig is a bit gay tbh" event. I guess someone didn't get it :p

• Advertisement

fine but make it a permenant part of your "SIG" and you'll know what i mean

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by ZENER
    Er . . . ZENER. Thanks Mak !! Have I offended you in some way?

ZENER

No, but Tinky is on that banned list not ZENER, just letting people know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Gandalf

Can i get access to soccer board through this thread?

Pleassseee?

X

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Can I have access please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

Gandalf,

I tried to request access to the soccer board via the "access request" forum but I dont even have permision to start a new thred in there ?

Is there a problem or am I missing something ?

Alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I will update access requests this evening as I am in work at the moment. Can only sneak in and out of boards briefly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Is there any chance I could get access? I have apologised for before amn't normally like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,712 ✭✭✭SteM

Originally posted by Alany
    Gandalf,

I tried to request access to the soccer board via the "access request" forum but I dont even have permision to start a new thred in there ?

Is there a problem or am I missing something ?

Alan.

Yeah, I've tried the same and am having the same problem. Can I get access please?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Gandalf, Not using the forum regularly but if I am not banned can you enable my access

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

Originally posted by gandalf
    I will update access requests this evening as I am in work at the moment. Can only sneak in and out of boards briefly :)

Gandalf

I cant even request Access via the official method so please consider this a request for access.

Thanks

Alan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yea can i get access also ?

whats the basis for bannings!? i think a reason is the least you could do

you know ignorance is bliss!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by jank
    fine but make it a permenant part of your "SIG" and you'll know what i mean

Jank... er... were you away or something? You didnt see my discussions about PCness etc? Kaids can have that sig all he likes, so can you for that matter. I could give two shíts if everyone had it. A man and a woman kissing wouldnt bother me neither would that. gowan, see if I'm lying... put it in your sig, I guaruntee you that noone will touch it over my dead adminship...

*boggle*

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by Davey Devil
    I pm'd Hyzepher earlier today and he agreed to sponsor me. Anybody else wanna sponsor me??

Dont let him!! His team will pull an unlikely goal in the last second to beat you all :)

I think Gandie may already have given you access but if not I'm happy to vouch for you.

DeV.

Originally posted by DeVore
    Jank... er... were you away or something? You didnt see my discussions about PCness etc? Kaids can have that sig all he likes, so can you for that matter. I could give two shíts if everyone had it. A man and a woman kissing wouldnt bother me neither would that. gowan, see if I'm lying... put it in your sig, I guaruntee you that noone will touch it over my dead adminship...

*boggle*

DeV.
    er... Dev, shortly after I posted the above picture my signature got nuked :)

I thought it was pretty funny, the above is only disguised to look like a sig, my actual sig that got nuked was a harmless little line of text :)
    Originally posted by kaids
    I'll nominate you sceptre.

Originally posted by DeVore

*boggle*

DeV.

yea i saw it and know your stance on the whole issue but other users on boards might not see it that way at all, sorry for the confusion though
    i couldnt really give two ****s anyway about it but 2 gay men kissing (a ruud look alike and all :) ) will bound to anger/displease/upset some users!

kaids as a matter of interest why not make the image match the criteria set out and see the reaction (if any!?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Someone suggested earlier about a supporters forum, sounds like a good idea !

Dev have you given this any thought ?

What about team specific forums - would that be a runner ?

Anyway who's ass does one have to kiss to get back into the forum ? I think there is a surplus of Arsenal supporters there at the moment - I volunteer to even up the numbers :D
    No, but Tinky is on that banned list not ZENER, just letting people know.

Why ? :confused: It's not like I can sneek in or anything !!

Edit: The other guy in that kiss pic liiks like Freddy Lundberg (sp?) !!!

ZENER

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

Gandalf. You have listed me as being granted access but it aint working. Can you check it. Thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by ZENER

Edit: The other guy in that kiss pic liiks like Freddy Lundberg (sp?) !!!

ZENER

Actually looks more like Roy Keane IMHO. Would make more sense too considering they're both ManU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

I don't seem to be able to even post a request for access in the Soccer forum :-(

and I've never even been ticked off for anything (sob)
    dave

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement