Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

browser prob on boards?

Options
  • 18-04-2004 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

Dunno if any1 else is getting experiencing this? But my browser seem to crash when i use the back button. This only happens on boards.ie, on any other site it works fine. Only started to happen a few days ago.

/me shrugs :dunno:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,494 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Might help if you mention which browser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

i was having the same issue well still am not just with the back button boards just randomly crashing the browser

only happens when using IE 6sp1 and only happens on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

works fine with firefox 0.8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

I am having a problem with IE 6 crashing on boards as well it seems to freeze sometimes when switching if you have multiple windows open when going from one to another again it seems to only happen on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

Originally posted by Angry_Penguin
    works fine with firefox 0.8

Yeh it's fine with any other browser, just seems to be an issue with IE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Never happened to me, and I only use IE.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I get no problems on Firefox either.

It might be a problem with the JavaScript menu's and your browser/os. Some browsers, IE a lot, dont seem to be able to handle the JavaScript menu's aswell as others... such as Firefox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

One of the (many) reasons I junked IE6 and moved to Opera was "boards back button crash" syndrome.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

I know its not a browser, but I have problems accessing boards when using my mac in work. It literally takes about 20 mins to load one page even though every other website is fast as anything

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

yea there has been issues with regarding mac see the mac forum where i raised the question

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

on firefox and it's working like a charm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

off topic:

whats that 'get hit by a car..' link in you rsig supposed to be agent smith?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Originally posted by irishgeo
    Might help if you mention which browser.

IE 5

Advertisement