Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Suggestion, Soccer supporters

Options
  • 18-04-2004 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭

As the majority of current members and all prospective new members of this community have been excluded from the privileged of contributing to the new soccer forum would it be possible for us to be facilitated with a community forum so we can talk about the beautiful game.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

ROFL

So basically because you were banned from one forum you want your own one where you can't be banned from?

hrmmmmmmmm!

Don't see the point of it really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

You've the same chance as a whelk in a supernova, I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nice try but those who live by the sword...just think if you'd been less of a pain you'd be a previlaged one.
    (btw you were not the worst by a long chalk and I thought it a bit harsh you got excluded)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by mike65
    Nice try but those who live by the sword...just think if you'd been less of a pain you'd be a previlaged one.
    (btw you were not the worst by a long chalk and I thought it a bit harsh you got excluded)

Mike.

Thanks Mike

I still don't see how I lived by the sword as far as I,m concered all I ever did was express my honest opinions , Obviously if those opinions do not fit in in this "commuinty" and are considered a pain it merits expulsion.

C'est la vie.

Posted By syke
    So basically because you were banned from one forum you want your own one where you can't be banned from?

BTW Syke I was never banned from any forum here I am just excluded from joining the new one which is interesting when you consider that some of the users granted access had been recently banned from the old forum for personal abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by The Muppet

BTW Syke I was never banned from any forum here I am just excluded from joining the new one which is interesting when you consider that some of the users granted access had been recently banned from the old forum for personal abuse.

He has a point here. Interesting how all the banned users are Man U supporters, apart from Jank :) , however The Muppet, although irritating, resorted to insults etc. a lot less than the others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    He has a point here. Interesting how all the banned users are Man U supporters, apart from Jank :) , however The Muppet, although irritating, resorted to insults etc. a lot less than the others.

Not for me to judge, although I will say that I was in no way surprised by the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Will we, the "Muplist" members, be able to talk about soccer on Sports or something. We will keep it clean. The exclusion thing is a bit harsh. Fresh start and all that jazz lads. Fair point Muppet has about people who have been banned getting access and him not.

Anyway, just want somewhere to talk about soccer. Any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Originally posted by Draupnir
    Will we, the "Muplist" members, be able to talk about soccer on Sports or something. We will keep it clean. The exclusion thing is a bit harsh. Fresh start and all that jazz lads.

Anyway, just want somewhere to talk about soccer. Any chance?

you've missed the whole point of the exercise haven't you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

This forum doesn't seem like a worthwhile idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

Id be in favour of the forum.

• Advertisement

I havent missed the point, I just think its a bit unfair to exclude some of us point blank. I dont think anyone hasnt learned their lesson from this whole experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by Draupnir
    I havent missed the point, I just think its a bit unfair to exclude some of us point blank. I dont think anyone hasnt learned their lesson from this whole experience.

So your point is: Another forum for the banned users of another forum:dunno: ?

My answer would be to give us a chance in the current forum. No chances after that, anyone acts the gimp they get banned. I dont foresee that though. As I have said, everyone appears to have copped on and apologised.

Im really disappointed at this outright ban, I was looking forward to getting back into the Soccer forum.

Originally posted by Axel
    So your point is: Another forum for the banned users of another forum:dunno: ?

I think you are missing the Point. I have never been banned from any forum here. I have been excluded from the new forum on an allegation that I was a disruptive influence, who was I disrupting and Influencing . As this allegation has been made what's the chance of seeing some proof to back it up in this "civilised community".

Was I any more disruptive that the growing numbers of people banned from the previous board for personal abuse who have been granted access to the new forum.

Now I am not saying I have not ruffled a few feathers in my time but if i am to be excluded I would rather that those behind it would publically state the real reason behind it instead of hiding behind the current sham of an excuse.Otherwise the victimisation of certain users is there for all to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by The Muppet
    As the majority of current members ...have been excluded from the privileged of contributing to the new soccer forum

I dont think the majority have been excluded, theres about 10 people who have been.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ironically I have thought about (and am still undecided about) a sort of Thunderdome soccer sub-forum... somewhere where there would be no rules, no mods and anything basically goes with the exception of mentioning a users name who hasnt ALREADY POSTED on that forum would be a Boards Bannable offence. IE: open season on anyone who chooses to stick their noses in there. slagging off teams, managers, players, Nyahhh Nyahh you-lost-you-suck style posts... all welcome.

The point being that like a creche its somewhere you could drop the kids off to before going about you're adult life. Posts wouldnt appear on the front page so unless you chose to look into there you'd never be bothered by the ****e...

Anyone (banned or not from the main board) could just go there and RANT in the understanding that it is the wildlands and you are outside the care of the admins/mods.

Why would I even consider such a thing??
    Well, my old english teacher who was a bit of a wise old owl once told me that "dirt was matter in the wrong place". Muppets, spam and crap are really just posts in the wrong place and for whatever reason there does seem to be a desire amongst the more tribal of the soccer m0ngs to really have a no-holds-barred bitch-fest about the "beautiful game".

This is a gestating idea and the next step (if there IS one) would be to run it past the Soccer mods... not that they would be modding it but its their area so their input is desired.
    Personally I'm thinking of it as a muppet-cage which we can safely never open again and never be bothered by...

Dont bother feeding back about this, its not going to happen before Gandie has everything sorted with the forum proper, its likely to never happen but it has occured to me.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

SO..... Since I'm not on that list, does that mean that I can't even view the "New" forum?

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Lump
    SO..... Since I'm not on that list, does that mean that I can't even view the "New" forum?
    I don't know which "new" forum you mean (the current soccer forum or the one Dev has just posted about) and what exact list you mean but if your not on any list you will be able to view the the forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Sorry, posted in the wrong thread.... THERE ARE SO MANY ABOUT SOCCER!!!!>!>!>!> one.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

I was surprised to see your name in that list to be perfectly honest. I do remember you rufflign feathers and getting into disagreements but i dont remember many personal assaults on people (at least not that you started). As you said you were never banned (as far as i remember) and i do find it abit harsh but i guess Gandalf has his reasons.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    I was surprised to see your name in that list to be perfectly honest. I do remember you rufflign feathers and getting into disagreements but i dont remember many personal assaults on people (at least not that you started). As you said you were never banned (as far as i remember) and i do find it abit harsh but i guess Gandalf has his reasons.

Thanks BKDZR and twosheds jackson for your supportive comments. As you say I have never flamed anyone that didn't flame me first. I have asked for proof of my disruptive influenced to be posted here so we'll see what comes of that. As for Gandalfs reasons I too am a bit confused as last december he posted on the forum that he had no problems with my posts. I don't know what has changed since as IMO I have been fairly restrained since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I think all soccer related sigs should be nuked

bazh i think you need to evaluate your comments and how they border on flaming and **** stirring at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I fully agree when its a topless roy keane, and "KEANO WAS SENT HOME!! :::::::DDDDDD" under it. It was 2 ****ing years ago. You stir up **** on another McCarthy vs Keane thread, and someone disagree's about keano being sent home. So you stick it in your bloody sig and make recordings about it. Well done,you've proved your bloody point.

And to go back on topic, a freeforall soccer forum would attract a bad crowd, imo

Tellox this was already discussed in the last thread and apparently it was sorted out in in pm's.

The Muppet is obviously just a large roy keane fan :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Tellox
    It was 2 ****ing years ago.
    Bleedin heck. It's been two years since I last took money from the bookies at 11 to 1? Time for me to place another bet methinks.

Originally posted by Tellox
    I fully agree when its a topless roy keane, and "KEANO WAS SENT HOME!! :::::::DDDDDD" under it. It was 2 ****ing years ago. You stir up **** on another McCarthy vs Keane thread, and someone disagree's about keano being sent home. So you stick it in your bloody sig and make recordings about it. Well done,you've proved your bloody point.

Thats not the first time my sig has been mentioned as a problem in this debate. I have clarified the position regarding my sig here which is verified by the other user involved Irish1 in subsequent posts .there seems to be a major misundestanding regarding the sig and I am beginning to think that this is the main reason for my exclusion and while I dont see why a sig that falls with the guidlines should be such a problem if Gandalf or any of the admins inform me that it is a problem and its removal will help resolve my exclusion I will remove it.

Muppet, although Im a big fan of your work, Id say that deleting your sig would do a lot toward getting you into the soccer forum. Lets face it, if it was Thierry Henry, Vieira and Lauren youd be pretty peeved by it. And the whole Keane was sent home bit is bound to piss anyone who feels he wasnt off isnt it.

I agree with ya but I can also see how the sig might stir some proverbial. My advice is just change it to something less "in your face".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

maybe this is gandalfs attempt to start a global utopian soccer society

till all go horribly wrong i tells ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

maybe this is gandalfs attempt to start a global utopian soccer society

LOL now there's a thought !!:p

Fair point about users previously banned being allowed back on. I've never been banned either and I'm not allowed back in :confused:

Anyway I like the idea about the new forum although I hear Bob Hope is making a comeback ! :(

ZENER

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement