Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Suggestion, Soccer supporters

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by syke
    If you want to get back into soccer, perhaps looking to see what you did may have upset other users, the mods and admins and trying to address that would be a better course of action than just shrugging off all blame for the crap, spam, flaming and abuse that went on in soccer? How about accountability as a step towards redemption? eh?

I,m no more guilty of that than some of the users that are already in and if your honest you already know that. I'm not shrugung off blame I,m willing to accept my share but arguments take 2. Obviously I was not lodging complaints about these when the other parties were and so there is/was an unbalanced opinion of my contribution with the Admins. I, m hoping seeing the support from the neutrals on the soccer forum is having an effect on that opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by The Muppet
    I,m no more guilty of that than some of the users that are already in and if your honest you already know that. I'm not shrugung off blame I,m willing to accept my share but arguments take 2. Obviously I was not lodging complaints about these when the other parties were and so there is/was an unbalanced opinion of my contribution with the Admins. I, m hoping seeing the support from the neutrals on the soccer forum is having an effect on that opinion.

Well I previously pointed out on one, if not two occasions that when things degnerated into flame wards, you always seemed to be at the centre of it.

You accepted my point on this. Perhaps that was the time to act.

As for "others" well perhaps you should forget about everyone else and concentrate on your own behaviour?

Well I previously pointed out on one, if not two occasions that when things degnerated into flame wards, you always seemed to be at the centre of it.

You accepted my point on this. Perhaps that was the time to act.

As for "others" well perhaps you should forget about everyone else and concentrate on your own behaviour?

Before you start preaching to me have a look at your own contribution here taking into account that there was still 10 minutes to play in that game and a goal at that stage would have led to extra time at the time of my post.

Also if you remember the post from Devore that I can't find at the moment stating that the problem was more than a few persistant Muppets but also established users who should know better were also causing problems.

Just found the link

End Of.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Before you start preaching to me have a look at your own contribution here taking into account that there was still 10 minutes to play in that game and a goal at that stage would have led to extra time.
    End Of.

Syke, I think you walked into that. :p

Originally posted by irish1
    Syke, I think you walked into that. :p

Firstly, in fairness there I have a smiley winking at the end of that. It was meant as the "joke and banter" that you have previously cited as being so important..... :)
    Is it only ok when you do it?

Secondly, one occasion and it hardly destroyed the whole thread.... as so often happens when the people on the list above get into "banter"

In any case, this is not about me I was just suggesting a course of action more productive that your current one.

Irish1? I don't quite see how, but suit yourself :)

• Advertisement

Firstly, in fairness there I have a smiley winking at the end of that. It was meant as the "joke and banter" that you have previously cited as being so important..... :)
    Is it only ok when you do it?

Thats fine except for the fact that people were reporting my jokes and banter as flambaits which has led to my exclusion. I used a smiley too BTW.
    Secondly, one occasion and it hardly destroyed the whole thread.... as so often happens when the people on the list above get into "banter"
    [/B]

Only because I bowed out to prevent that. If I had continued there is no reason to believe it wouldn't gone down the same road and led to more complaints being lodged

No .

Only because I bowed out to prevent that. If I had continued there is no reason to believe it wouldn't gone down the same road and led to more complaints being lodged

So you recognised how you usuallly behave and decided not to do so on that occasion, good, you showed progress ;)

So you recognised how you usuallly behave and decided not to do so on that occasion, good, you showed progress ;)

Pity I can;t say the same for you,;)

I,m leaving it at that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement