Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake LAN in June

Options
  • 18-04-2004 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭

Im not sure if i should post it up here but ill do it anyway.Anyway I was Thinking of holding A Quake Lan With Prizes Like Cases,Keyboard and mouse combos and stuff like that. Anyway I was wonderin if u would like A Quakeworld Tourney,q1,q2 or a Q3 tourney its up to u really and what are the latest updates for the game u want to play so we can put them on the inhouse pcs.The way the tourney would work is

A League (The Best)
    B League (Best after that)
    C League (Alright People)
    D League People (Who only played the game a few times)
    You can enter any league u want ill post up the exact prizes for these leagues.If we hav Prizes left over after that We can do a Big Free for all And the winner will get the prize and if we still hav a prize or two left we can do a Q3 2v2 random or Pick your own?I was Thinking the Last Friday In June Or the First Friday in July.There will about 50 Spaces for the lan.So hopefully ill see u there.

Which one? 7 votes

QuakeWorld
    0% 0 votes
    Quake1
    57% 4 votes
    Quake2
    0% 0 votes
    Quake3
    42% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Hardly anyone plays q2, qw has a good following, while a lot of people are familar with quake3. Maybe consider team based games? or just 1v1`s
    Latest q3 is Point Release 1.32(1.32b for linux) and the OSP mod 1.03

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spud

I was thinkin 1v1 and as i said if we prizes left we will hav team games.

Can i get the Links for the Updates plz

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Would this just be 1 day, and if so, what time would it end. I wouldn't mind going down.

Its on on Friday 25 Of June at 10pm to 10am and its only 1 day if u want to i can put it to a 36hour lan if u want?just throwin it up on www.room101.org so if ur interested signup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Hmm well for the Dublin lads, 12 hours ain't worth it, 24 hours more like, but I only speak for a small group :D

Yea Giblet ive posted up on room101 its a 24hour lan i guess you hav seen the prices for the lan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

sounds like a really cool idea...

if it were in late May i'd prolly be able to go as i am out of the country in June...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭weak infant

ok so.
    suits me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭slssprite

Dedicated server?

If no, pmove_fixed "1" or "0"?

• Advertisement

And maps...Which maps will be played?

Havent Decided that yet Sprite ill post it up as soon as i kno Pro-tourney 6 will defo be the final anyway i kno that

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭carl_

pro-q3dm6 dont ya mean?
    ...or maybe pro-q3tourney4

Well the competition maps are usually comprised of

ztn3tourney1
    pro-q3tourney4
    pro-q3dm6

Sadly these are the same overplayed maps at most tournements.

Note that the ESWC have included 3 extra maps

- hub3aeroq3 : "Aerowalk" by Preacher & Hubster
    - q3jdm8b (cpm1a) : "Wicked" by Jude & Decker
    - ffdm2c : "Patibuh's lair" by Blemish

Spud, are you 13years old? No offense but if I was to travel 7hrs I`d be hoping for a certain level of professionalism.

Nope BazH i just posted it up on the board.

Thanks for confirming what I was thinking, I`ll not be attending

so, thanks Spud for maps. very good there is no pro-t2...

however i will play in league d or c, i think, because don`t have any time now for practice...=)

see you all

Advertisement