Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Empire Deluxe for Windows - PBEM game?

Options
  • 18-04-2004 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

I came across Empire Deluxe for Windows at the UnderDogs and comes with a decent manual. While the game is old it does sport a great pbem game. It makes for a great for a quick turn and email based game (early in the game you get multiple turns to speed the game up).

The game description is:
    "A great update of the classic Interstel game Empire, this version by New World Computing sports excellent map and scenario editors, sharp graphics, and the same attention to detail and great computer AI that Empire fans came to know and love. This is abstract wargame at its best that truly stands the test of time-- multiplayer tournaments are still being hosted regularly by zealous fans worldwide, and there are numerous homemade scenarios on the Internet. "

I have tried the Standard Game (you have basic, standard and advanced). The standard game is one you should play and then tackle the advanced. It's based on cities. You control armies, navies and airplanes. It cuts out the resource management aspect and let's you concentrate on strategy instead. At each city you simply decide what that city produces. You can go against the cpu and several human players and via pbem.

If anyone has the game (via the link above), let me know and we could organise a game for a few months. Depending on how many want to play, a whole turn could be spaced out over a week.

Also here are a few map edited scenarios (the Cold War map looks good).
    http://www.mortay.com/EmpireDeluxe/EmpireDeluxe.html

Advertisement