Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PFA list....

• 18-04-2004 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any need debate this years PFA Player of the Year, really?

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Naw not really, 2nd and 3rd however are difficult to call. lampard and Gerrard??

And Young player? Toure (hopefully) and Terry favourites IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If there was an award for fortitude then Gerrard would win that one! Terry for young player I'd say, he's been
    a revalation at the back. He seems to have grown up quite a bit this last year...

Mike.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Not really, i'd be shocked if anyone other than Henry for senior and Terry for junior got the awards.

The junior one is close on merit between Terry and Touré, but Terry will win it because he's english. Both have been outstanding and much improved, and both have been largely ever-present in the two meanest defences in the league.

If Parker had stayed at Charlton and kept them on course for the 4th spot I reckon he'd of won it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Isnt the PFA one voted on much earlier though?

Like the votes are collated well before they are published. That might give toure an edge over terry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I was suprised to see Glen Johnston nominated ahead of players like Nolan, Samuel, etc. Henry has no competition for the senior award, I'd expect Lampard to get 2nd but IMO he doesn't deserve it (I'm not a fan of Lamps', he could go missing for an entire match (eg. Aston Villa last week)). Gerrard is way more consistant and deserves second.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Henry and Toure, if they have any sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

What Kaids said. Henry and Terry without a doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Henry and Toure/Terry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Frank is not untouchable but neither is Gerrard, Lamps still has to improve on his touch and shooting. but it wasn't just Lamps who went missing against Villa it was the whole midfield, he's reached double figures.

Advertisement