Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Free Antivirus??

Options
  • 18-04-2004 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

What is the best FREE antivirus software available?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

AVG would be the one for me

http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

yea, grisoft for me too. very nice on resources ;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

et moi aussi.
    updates download in no time also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kdevitt

used to use AVG - but got NAV bundled with my new machine. Have been put off it though by a guy in work here who used AVG at home, and kept it updated, and just bought Norton at the weekend and it discovered over 4000 infected files on his machine... found it very irritating at times when it would dicover a virus but couldn't repair the file...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I use the free scan on panda's site every month and it says Im clean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

I originally started using NAV which was working out okay for me until a friend told me to try out AVG,ran a check with NAV before installing AVG and then ran a check with AVG after installation and AVG picked up a lot more viruses than NAV did(no viruses in installation btw).
    its really up to yourself,NAV has lots of fancy options while AVG has a lot of options its more based on total virus elimination

Advertisement